GOP presidential candidate posts "I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT" and leaves it at that

13 Likes

Oh, man. When you’ve lost the crucial time-traveller vote, it’s all over.

17 Likes

If anything, it might serve as a slight boost for concert ticket sales when fans know there will be fewer Nazis in attendance.

10 Likes

Fuck YouTube for deciding every uploader’s art must be plastered over - including the key message here. Way to completely destroy the point, Google.
(Though surely savvy video uploaders these days know they need to put 10 secs of blank video at the end of their creation?)

8 Likes

Picking a fight with ‘the Swiftie Army’; brilliant!

Anybody got numbers on how much the traffic has increased from the voter registration link posted on Swift’s IG account?

Betcha the number has increased since his childish ass comment…

I thought of your comment as soon as I saw this post.

13 Likes

This one earned an actual laugh out loud from me.

4 Likes

Well of course. That’s because he can’t bring himself to say, “I hate my life!”

6 Likes

I’m not sure that the most brilliant authors of all time could write such an idiotic character. No one in their right mind would try to invoke the wrath of the Swifties. Where’s the popcorn?

13 Likes

Any decent writer would look at the description of 45’s character and immediately decry him as too flat and one dimensional, making him thoroughly unbelievable. That such a person actually exists in real life is disheartening.

I guess we have finally found the (hopefully rare) point where ‘life and art’ don’t even know that the other one exists, let alone “imitates” each other…

:thinking:

16 Likes

I think it’s plausible such a person might exist. The unrealistic parts are that he isn’t instantly repellent to all other humans, and that he hasn’t accidentally killed himself drinking bleach or something.

11 Likes

“1.62k retruths 5.58k likes”

lol.

I wonder if the platform automatically puts everything in all caps for you.

5 Likes

The numbers I saw are ~400,000 used the link. There won’t be any increase because of Trump’s post as Taylor’s original Instagram post stopped working after 24 hours. Hard to estimate how these click throughs will translate into new registered voters on the individual state’s sites, hopefully the conversion rate will be high.

6 Likes

Didn’t know that; maybe she will repost.

Regardless, I don’t think 45’s petty declaration will have the result that he wants.

12 Likes

Of course, as they say across The Pond, the fucker has form:

merelygifted
Of course he’s losing. His IQ is a third of hers.

20 Likes

Add the Unhook extension and never have that issue again! (I still haven’t seen ads on YouTube no matter how much they stamp their little feet and demand that I will see them any day now.)

12 Likes

RYS — Remove YouTube Suggestions is another great Firefox extension.

6 Likes

Thanks. Will check it out. (But I’m using Brave Browser.)

5 Likes

Even if she lost half of her audience she would still be a billionaire.

And she could sleep at night knowing she helped stop a facist from becoming president.

13 Likes

Hopefully he’ll piss off BTS ARMY for his next act.

13 Likes

16 Likes