GOP Rep. Mo Brooks tweets his Gmail password for all to see

Originally published at: GOP Rep. Mo Brooks tweets his Gmail password for all to see | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I am old enough to remember a time when Republicans pretended to care very, very deeply about email security.

34 Likes

he tweeted that his house was broken into and wife was “accosted,” along with a photo of his monitor to show an Alabama code for 1st degree criminal trespass.

Nobody broke into his house. Those were tourists having a normal tourist visit.

43 Likes

Back when Ferris Buehler’s Day Off was still in theaters, security people warned folks not to write their passwords on paper, because the janitor or coworkers (or Ferris) could find them.

Wearing my security hat today, I tell people that it’s more important to use individual passwords for each site they visit. If they can’t use a password manager, I’d rather have them write down individual passwords on paper than to store them in a file named passwords.txt or in a spreadsheet on their desktop. I make this recommendation based on the fact that I’ve never seen a hacker or ransomware download a copy of a piece of paper sitting on a desk.

I did not think I’d have to worry about someone so stupid they’d self-pwn their paper copies.

15 Likes

Does this genius not know how to take a screenshot?

2 Likes

He didn’t just give away his gmail password. Based on those two passwords shown, he uses the same numbers and letters in all his passwords, so now everyone knows the template to ALL his logins.

10 Likes

“More to come” indeed.

1 Like

Cell phone cameras should add a feature that, if it detects you are attempting to take a photo of a computer, iPad, phone, etc, asks you if you’d like to learn how to take a screenshot. I work for a tech company and nearly every week we get a customer who sends us a photo of their iPad screen because they don’t know how to take a screenshot.

2 Likes

In the turmpspeak that his tweet is written in, that means “I will never say anything about this again.”

2 Likes

What a brat. You got served, it was going to happen eventually, just deal with it like everyone else.

2 Likes

iFQBkgN

5 Likes

First Mo Brooks leaks his own password, then Trump declares we must stop using computers.

Coincidence? I think not!

6 Likes

tenor-1

2 Likes

I still think it was because he doesn’t know how to crop his browser tabs from a screenshot.

5 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.57.12 AM

Easy Sausage? Um, WTF?

2 Likes

Why, what did you think?

7 Likes

With this f’ing swine Mo Brooks, what do you think I was thinking…

6 Likes

Mo, just want to pile on here and say-- you sir, are a moron. or moran if you prefer.

1 Like

Easy Cheese is cheese that sprays out of a can, so easy sausage…
If aerosol sausage doesn’t yet exist, I am patenting it now.

See you all on my yacht!

14 Likes

great for english muffin pizza! see recipe on back of can.

5 Likes