GOP senator wants you to never read full Torture Report, because you can't handle the truth

[Permalink]

1 Like

America doesn’t torture people. They just really, really enhance their interrogation techniques, to over 9000. But it’s not actually called torture, so… :unamused:

2 Likes

Wait, I thought both political parties were exactly the same? Does it not follow that releasing the report is exactly the same as not releasing the report? This is a logical contradiction, unless report = 0. From this we can see that torture itself = 0, and therefore being tortured is exactly like not being tortured.

I wonder if I could get a job there?

2 Likes

Reading your post, I am absolutely sure you have what it takes to work in government :wink:

1 Like

On the small chance that “You can’t handle the truth!” is not recognized as a reference:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/guantanamo/article7878813.html

Life imitating art.

Now, if we can just get Senator Burr dragged away,foaming and screaming threats, from the halls of the Senate building, all will be well.

2 Likes

GOP senator wants you to never read full Torture Report, because you can’t handle the truth.

How can any intelligent and informed person in or out of Congress believe that statement?

Well I suppose if there was anyone left in the U.S. that believed our government was any more moral that Deash (ISIS). They might be shocked, but the rest of us think that our government can’t sink any lower than what is normal for those who have let evil possess their souls.

I’ll believe this matters when the USA finally prosecutes everyone who every worked at Guantanamo as a war criminal. They are no better than the Belsen camp guards and an utter disgrace to their nation.

2 Likes

The Bush and Obama administrations proactively protected themselves and those who followed their orders via signing statements, word re-definitions, etc.

He’s just trying to get out of translating it into all the regional official languages. Or the promise by Fox News to rebroadcast it in its entirety as Itchy and Scratchy lyric lines, or other nightmare fuel. It’s just like The Shipping Report but you wake up in the storm drain soaked in sweat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.