GOP Senators to celebrate 4th of July in Moscow before Trump-Putin meeting

Well now I don’t have to pretend she isn’t the same kind of malicious asshole as her husband and stepchildren*

*Barron is probably a little psychopath himself but we just don’t know yet.

4 Likes

Dear God, please keep them if they find their way there!

1 Like

Thank you! That’s a perfectly cromulent word I’m glad to know now.

On the topic of the jacket, and therefore fashion, did anyone notice the shirt under the long jacket was a man’s style: buttons on the right side of split, holes on the left side. A woman’s shirt has the buttons sewn to the left side seam, holes are on the right side seam. This allowed rich women, likely the only ones able to afford shirts with buttons and servants, to be dressed by a servant. I understand it’s somehow easier for the servant to do up the buttons: their right hand pushes the button through the horizontal hole, and the left hand manipulating the hole. Right handers will prefer this arrangement, since the dominant right hand does the finer work of aligning the button to the hole and getting it started through.

With 80% of the population right-handed, and most of the lefties beaten into right-handedness, this became the standard. Or so I’m told.

Why men’s style isn’t the same has puzzled me. Certainly rich men had servants or assistants to aid dressing?

Is it bad form to post the same-ish post on Reddit and here at the same time?

I am now wondering why the first thought I had when seeing Melania on the news this afternoon was “Hey! She’s wearing a man’s shirt!” My wife thought it was perfectly normal of me…

Interesting ideas. I think the whole jacket message is just a detraction. And it worked. Imagine the chaos when this whole “She wore a man’s shirt!!” thing blows up!

1 Like

Trump has been compromised. He’s a traitor.

2 Likes

Hypothesis three: half of the media is actively working for fascism, while the other half is trying to suppress the left while it desperately searches for some way of manufacturing detente between the fascists and the neoliberal establishment.

9 Likes

Right? I mean a leader like Putin shaking hands with a 3rd rate conman and huckster… shameful.

8 Likes

Didn’t Peter Fonda get raked over the coals recently for something kind of like this?

4 Likes

Putin WILL be talking to his lackey(s),no doubt about that.

The meeting talking points will be:

1. The 2018 mid-term elections and how to undermine them
  2. That elusive Tump hotel to be built in Russia
  3. Leaving NATO
  4. Ways to shut down the Meuler investigation.
  5. The pee-tape - implied.
2 Likes

At least for some, the thinking was “All we have to do expose what racist fuckwits these guys are is put a microphone in front of the. Easy peasy, job done.” I think they misunderestimated the percentage of the electorate to which such racist fuckwittery was a selling point.
edited to add. What’s more, they SERIOUSLY underestimated the percentage of the electorate for which such racist fuckwittery did not constitute a disqualification for office.

4 Likes

His biggest flaw was apologizing for it afterwards.

1 Like

I keep thinking about how if The Manchurian Candidate was released today at least a third of the audience would assume Angela Lansbury’s character was the hero and Frank Sinatra’s character was the villain.

10 Likes

The simplest answer is that it sells. Fight it or don’t, be fer it or agin it, but at the end of the day, report it or write about it, because it’s your paycheck. Donald Trump is the biggest gift to the media, ever, because he sells the product, whether it’s magazines, TV shows, or blog posts. The nightmare scenario for the media is a perfectly reasonable and boring politician, who calmly and quietly steers the boat to shore. Because who the fuck wants to read about that?

1 Like

The handshake itself is hilarious.
Putin’s like “Imma dominate you!” and Trump’s like “Okey dokey!”

“Separately, The Washington Post reports that a group of Republican senators will travel to Russia at the invitation of U.S. Ambassador to Russia Jon Huntsman.”

That time again for face-to-face marching orders from Putin to Trump… and to the GOP senators who’ve been extorted-hacked by Russians who will also receive orders and perhaps some enticements.

1 Like

That was for actually wishing harm on the young man. @Mangochin is just assuming that the lad’s already irreparably damaged.

2 Likes

Are they staying at the Ritz? Because Putin.

2 Likes

Interesting story. Seems like a former agent inspired a game called BadAsVlad. Not the best game per se but really cool nonetheless as it hints at some points mentioned above. Check it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.