GOP wants to get rid of overdraft fee limits

When I look at the chump change that sways Congress’ opinions, I can’t help but think that we the people need to kickstart our own damn cravenly self-interested lobbyists. If money is speech, then it’s time to start paying taxes that don’t go straight down a hole.

2 Likes

Oh he has a lot of positive qualities. He really does. Ditto with mom.

It’s just the past eight years have worn thin on me and now they’re continuing the meme of libtards holding them hostage and whites are a minority.

6 Likes

I’m guessing that this company probably has the contract for providing benefits in that so-called congressman’s state; as I understand it, now many states force people who receive benefits to get them through debit-card type systems that nickle and dime them with fees.

4 Likes

If I wasn’t an atheist, I’d pray for you.

What the heck! You never know; I’ll pray anyway.

9 Likes

As long as the Affordable Care Act that George Washington himself (first and best Republican) enacted with the help of Abe Lincoln is left in place and Obamacare is repealed, we GOP’ers will be happy.

14 Likes

Giving false hope to people reporting to the CFPB and FTC[0] that their tax money is doing something useful?

[0] Not a denigration of those organizations, which do very good work. It’s lack of support elsewhere that is the issue.

1 Like

You’d think so, but voters have a surprisingly difficult time connecting the effects of deregulation to the politicians responsible for it.

The recall election that put Arnold Schwartzenegger in office was largely fueled by voter anger over the rolling blackouts plaguing California as a direct result of deregulating the energy industry. But Californian Governor Gray Davis had actually opposed that deregulation while Schwartzenegger was a close friend and political ally of one of the top Enron goons behind it.

11 Likes

Tie me to the tracks at this rate.

3 Likes

Except this doesn’t work. Every problem, hardship, inconvenience your low-information Republican voter endures has one and only cause: those Democrats. Especially when its caused by Republicans.

7 Likes

So the people were played.

There has to be precedent in ways to enlighten people to this kind of betrayal. Otherwise do you actually believe there is no hope? Evil wins?

1 Like

All together now! Fleece-the-poor! Fleece-the-poor! Fleece-the-poor!

1 Like

I started a FB fight with someone in this vein. She is trying to point the finger back to Obama for this botched, yet successful-in-her-eyes raid.

In reply to a post with the name and ages of those killed in the Yemen raid.
Crazy Trump Supporter: OH, Trump managed in 9 days to get a team together, plan a raid, get all the equipment in place-he is a miricle worker! And by the way the raid was not a disaster.

Me: He manages to not go to (physically, sometimes mentally) intelligence briefings, he also wasn’t even in the situation room when this raid went down. The raid was also postponed to gather more intel (which didn’t happen) costing the life of a brave Seal as well as civilians.
Take the blinders off for a second and try to look at things with less bias, please. Hold whoever is responsible for the action accountable, regardless of party instead of blindly defending.

I’m waiting for her to reply. The biggest issue, not fully demonstrated in this exchange, is her/their blind faith in our own version of Dear Leader.

7 Likes

I think you have to write off " low-information Republican"s. They will have to come to their own realizations. There is not enough of them for a majority, certainly not a near majority.

How about starting with the Democrats that voted for Trump, because Clinton.

3 Likes

There is also the (rare) case of non-checking account backed debit cards, which can potentially have no overdraft fees since, with checks out of the picture, there’s really no way to go over. I use this and I love it!

Anybody remember the Al Franken story where he becomes president on a platform of eliminating ATM fees? His picture of what enrages real people is accurate. The Republicans certainly do have the political ineptness to go with their policy malice.

3 Likes

Is this where I say that everyone should be in a credit union and that banks can suck it?

18 Likes

Just wait till Trump’s FDA director pick does away with the “effective” part of “drugs must be safe and effective.” Let the market decide! Count the coffins and compare!

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re joking or not. If you are, though…

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/health/with-fda-vacancy-trump-sees-chance-to-speed-drugs-to-the-market.html

9 Likes

The only thing that surprised me about that is that they think the “safe” part is worth keeping.

8 Likes

I know you have a negative balance sir, but the $1000 fee is our policy. I can set you up with a payment plan if you need to but we will need to use your car as collateral. If you don’t have a car we will also accept any children for our Patriot Improvement Social System.

10 Likes

Alternatively, internal organs can be used as collateral for a small annual fee, contingent on testing the condition of your organs and their current demand on the black market waiting list. We do suggest that your account maintain a positive balance, however, and that you maintain good health so our repo agents have a good hunt (we reserve the right to subcontract to our sister corporation, MostDangerousGame, Inc.).

8 Likes