Governor Kasich calls Trump's behavior "pathetic" and likens it to Germany in the 1930s

I wonder if he and Paul Ryan got a group discount at the local spine removal surgeon?

1 Like

Because fascism never divides the world in “us” and “them”, and thrives on that. /s

If the US legislature was divided between fascists and communists, I’d buy the “polarisation” angle.

But it isn’t; the legislature is a mix of fascist and corrupt corporatists.

Unity is needed amongst the opposition, but I am fine with dividing the political realm into fascists and not-fascists.

4 Likes

Had I not witnessed it, I don’t think I would have been able to identify that a major risk of gerrymandering is the destruction of your party from the inside. But it sure is one of those things that, after you’ve seen it happen, seems pretty obvious when you think about it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, Kasich couldn’t follow all the way through. He choked. He looked a bit tongue-tied for a split second, and then back-pedaled.

Profiles in Courage-adjacency.

1 Like

The trouble is not with legislature alone, divided as it may be. (And, FTR, I don’t know about your distinctions, there might be some definitions which need to be established before we would be able to discuss those - but this is beside the point, here.)
The trouble lies with polarisation within society. If we can’t have discussions any more, if everything becomes clear this-or-that choices, them-or-us decisions - then we arrive in a neo-fascists wet dream. Not before that. You may believe otherwise, but there is still a chance for a slightly better world. To paraphrase Brecht: there must. Must. Must be.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.