GQP darling Marjorie Taylor Greene rushed from Supreme Court protest

The Supreme Court ruling, from what I’ve read, removes the ability of states to impose restrictions on concealed and open carry (amongst a whole host of other restrictions such as magazine size). It would be using the implied threat tactics of the right (Proud Boys, etc.) to suppress the voice of opposition but the majority of the Supreme Court seemed to have ruled that they have no issue with that.

Is it a bad idea? Yes. Will the protest change anything? No.

Until the people in the US decide to use their one, true power that will bring the power brokers to their knees (a general strike, it’s always about the money), we won’t get any change.

2 Likes

Dear Empty Greene:

16 Likes

I find it perfectly acceptable to wish harm on others. Expressing that wish, however, is a different story. I certainly have the right to my own thoughts, and I also know I’m not that good of a person.

6 Likes

She doesn’t deserve a day of peace as long as she lives.

9 Likes

Does anyone else think that protesters should stop worrying so much about capturing footage and PAY ATTENTION in chaotic throngs like that? People could easily fall, get trampled and die.
Situational awareness is apparently less important than those sweet, sweet clicks, I guess.

No. Not even a little.

10 Likes

Hey - aren’t you the lurks no more guy who got banninated recently?

6 Likes

And it’s ok to read some obituaries with pleasure.

4 Likes

Um, not that I know of. I DID recently ‘join up’, however.

Well, I’m an old and now that I’m both vax’d and double boosted I’m ready to get back in the fray this summer…
I found the staring at phones unsafe- NOT against our side protesting. AT ALL.

Please forgive- I know you’re pretty cool from your posts and I didn’t mean to offend.

Does anyone else think that protesters should stop worrying so much about capturing footage

Totally. Good thing no one at this NC library recorded during the Proud Boys rampage of their reading event for children.

Because now the cops get to say whatever TF they want about the incident, despite contradictory witness statements.

/s

Courts will always believe the authorities.

Bearing witness matters, and it’s important.

ETA - if anything, I think better organizing to designate “witnesses” to record so everyone else can be in the moment might be a good idea. But I’ll never scold someone for recording this stuff. It’s vital.

7 Likes

If this were Ancient Rome, the “mob” would have actually torn her limb from limb.

1 Like

Face Palm No GIF

6 Likes

It’s worth exploring something other than a handheld phone for recording. It’s such an obvious target for anyone who doesn’t want a record, and can be easily knocked down.

I used to protest with a cheap phone-sized VR on a lanyard, hanging from my neck, always on. If anything of note happened, I could grab it and point it, but otherwise it was there and not so obvious. Low quality, but good for hours.

A small cheap clip-on webcam might work if the phone has drivers to support it, with the phone tucked in a backpack.

8 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly that there are better, safer ways, and I support that.
But like they say, “the best camera is the one you have with you,” you know?
People in positions of authority are literally getting away with murder, but at least when brave observers record and share footage, there’s some (however miniscule) hope of them being held accountable.

9 Likes

And I always say: “have at least one more camera than they know about”.

7 Likes

That would be KaJor group. I can’t find the reference right now, but I recall one of the Fascist groups was providing free private security to several of the GQP meatcicles for some time there.

2 Likes

We NEED to document, post, film everything- OF COURSE. Let me be clear-
I simply worry about the safety and lives of everyone on our side. Because fuck all of those Nazi bastards straight to hell.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.