Marjorie Taylor Greene threatens Capitol with high capacity gun in ad, which is blasted by former Capitol Sgt

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene threatens Capitol with high capacity gun in ad, which is blasted by former Capitol Sgt | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Is it not a felony to possess a high capacity magazine in DC? I had thought it was…

ETA (per @dangaroo) Christ, what an asshole!

26 Likes

It’s obviously a Photoshop job so it’s not exactly evidence that she really did carry a high capacity magazine in DC but it sure does seem like an implied threat.

22 Likes

Yes, and so are assault weapons. Though I’m sure this is phototshopped, so…

11 Likes

Feature request: Automatically append “Christ what an asshole” as the first comment to any post with MTG in the title, we’re growing weary of manually having to do it.

27 Likes

Your wish is my command

15 Likes

Who’s going to be the first to submit a resolution to expel Greene from Congress for issuing a threat against Congress? IMO that’s more actionable than whatever nonsense she and Boebert have cooked up to try to justify impeaching President Biden.

21 Likes

She should have gone with pipe bombs and a hoodie.

More people would recognize her.

14 Likes

8 Likes

Appointed to the House Homeland Security Committee. What a farce our government has become. Before you come at me, I know not all of our government is like this, but still.

11 Likes

The only reason we’d come at you would be to high-five or hug.

13 Likes

So would I get into trouble if I was to photoshop myself in front of her house with a smoking gun and a confused look on my face?
That’s a semi-serious question.

9 Likes

My Google search is flooded with too much recent news about MTG stupidity, but do I recall her being one of the first folks to try to smuggle a gun through security check at the Capitol building quite soon after January 6th? Am I mistaken?

7 Likes

Seems we’ve all come to the same consensus: a sane consensus. I hope our country becomes what it was setup to be initially (at least in theory). One where everyone is equal, with a government created by the people, for the people. Rather than one where a shrinking minority clings to power over the majority by deception, corruption, and brute force. I still believe that good prevails. Let’s all hope that’s not just for fairytales.

4 Likes

This is the opposite of how this country was set up in theory & in action. Some were property - the majority of people- women- had no rights or the franchise. Even white guys who didn’t own property couldn’t vote.

Ah - the good old days! Pepperidge Farms misremembers.

Also: Marj should try that in real life. She’d be full of lead and/or in prison forever.

7 Likes

Dont Threaten Me With A Good Time GIFs | Tenor

9 Likes

How is this not a terroristic threat? Imagine if an Arab person did this exact thing…

6 Likes

She is in danger of being kicked out of the “Freedom Caucus” as she’s been too supportive of Kevin McCarthy. When she runs for reelection I’m betting she’s going to say that makes her a moderate.

1 Like

cwaa

8 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing!

All of us here also want everyone to be equal, with a government created by the people, for the people, and one person = one vote w/o scads of ca$h interfering.

6 Likes