"Grab them by the pussy!" Trump was caught on hot mic boasting about what he did to women

Melania Trump Wore a “Pussybow” Blouse to the Debate, [pretended she] Didn’t Catch the Irony

4 Likes

This is exactly the kind of perspective I’m talking about.

What I don’t want to see is for all the various things Trump has stood for to be lumped into a single ideology and dismissed; for objections to unfettered free trade and military interventionism to be permanently associated with racist, misogynist, authoritarian nativism. If that happens, we’ll have abandoned all hope of soothing the legitimate resentments driving Trump’s supporters.
I also don’t think suppressing voters’ ability to choose primary candidates is the solution here. If people feel they’ve been disenfranchised it’s liable to only make them angrier and less rational. I do think we need a shift away from the kind of candidates that party leaders have tended to prefer… just, for fuck’s sake, not toward people like Donald Trump.

3 Likes

Obliterated by a metorite?

3 Likes

That, and acid in the water supply. Or exorcising Yog-Sothoth from under the Pentagon.

2 Likes

This might seem politicaly incorrect - but it’s music, so hey.

1 Like

Not that I’d ever use the Big Mac as a reference for healthy food, but colour me intrigued!

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the watermain

Listen close to everybody’s heart
And hear that breaking sound
Hopes and dreams are shattering apart
And crashing to the ground

I cannot believe my eyes
How the world’s filled with filth and lies
But it’s plain to see
Evil inside of me
Is on the rise

6 Likes

Dr. Horrible/■■■■■ 2016!

:grinning: I love Dr. Horrible!

18 Likes

From Thank You for Smoking

Jack: Hey, Neil! Neil! I’m going to impale your mom on a spike and feed her dead body to my dog with syphilis!

Neil: Ha, you got me!

[Jack turns back to Joey and Nick, who both look confused.]

Jack: It’s an inside joke.

5 Likes
6 Likes

That was a great read. Thanks.

T-shirts and such: http://www.femalecollective.org/product/pussy-grabs-back

2 Likes

The Trump Truck Guy

3 Likes

Offered without comment other than a prior (and personally enjoyable) thread:

5 Likes

*lolz

I bought this shirt for Pride, and in recognition of one of my favorite LGBT characters:

Mine is navy blue though; I don’t wear white.

ETA:

*lmao @ Ladybits Rampage

11 Likes

And of course this gentleman lives in Ohio. ::sigh::

2 Likes

Well, alas, it looks like I was wrong about being wrong. After a few days of the dust settling the debate is being framed not as “is it ok for Donald trump to take sexual assault lightly”, but as “is it ok for Donald trump to make crass jokes”. Outside of boingboing of course.

Interestingly a lot of his party has made a stink of the latter, like Paul Ryan. But for some reason the fact that these allegations refer to actions that he’s actually done isn’t getting very much attention in the media, at least the media I consume ( which admittedly is pretty narrow: mostly the New York Times, with a side order of boingboing).

1 Like

Were you not watching the debate where Anderson Cooper flat-out told Donald Trump, in front of a live auditorium and 65 million viewers, that he was bragging about sexual assault?

6 Likes

I think they agree that Trump was bragging about what he’s actually done and that he’s noting that people are still downplaying it?

3 Likes

Trump’s sycophants are certainly doing everything they can to spin this as the innocent childhood banter of a 59-year-old man (up to and including Senator Jeff Sessions arguing that grabbing women’s genitals without their consent isn’t sexual assault), but that doesn’t mean that the conversation is limited to that framing, and I don’t think anyone else in the media is really buying that argument. To say that the only people arguing that Trump was bragging about sexual assault are BoingBoing commenters is wildly inaccurate. “Are crass jokes okay” is not how anybody in the national media has been framing this when interrogating Trump supporters (aside from Fox News, of course, which is unsurprisingly filled with people who are willing to excuse gross sexual misconduct).

5 Likes