Grandma Boebert misses the good ol' days when she could grab some hog in the privacy of a public theater

That’s why I said partial.

I wouldn’t have assumed that people would be watching ME via an IR camera during a play or movie. Maybe I just haven’t been to fancy play houses lately, is this a norm now? Is this to stop people sneaking in their own Twizzlers or maybe a flask of something?

Of course not.

3 Likes

“Grandma Boebert remembers!”

Yes, we should totally start a meme.

6 Likes

The couple’s behavior is completely inexcusable, but it IS kinda creepy that they have high resolution IR cams watching the audience during a play. On a site co-founded by Cory Doctorow, I’m kind of surprised that @Mister44 is seemingly the only one pointing that out.

Now I don’t really think the theater did anything wrong here. There ARE reasons for having cameras like that. And there’s a big difference between releasing footage of a private citizen like @mister44 or me picking our noses or nodding off vs. releasing footage of an asshole public figure who was kicked out for assholery and then publicly disputed that the assholery occurred. Public figures in particular have no real expectation of privacy in a public place like a theater even when it’s dark (if Biden goes to see a play, there probably isn’t a moment when someone isn’t stealing a glance to see if he’s enjoying it or nodding off or whatever).

But I’m definitely going to think twice before picking my nose in a dark theater in the future!

3 Likes

There are things that don’t get you kicked out that nonetheless punish anyone who is actively monitoring such surveillance devices…

4 Likes

Someone is hardcoding cameras to do just that right now!

Just kidding Ai is doing it for them.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.