Grease splatter screen for frying pans

Sorry, but whilst I may agree with your answer in principle, in practice I refer you to Abiatha_Swelter’s answer above. :wink:

Absolutely this. I’ve had a set of OXO locking tongs for years and years, and just take them for granted, but several times I’ve pulled them out and had friends left amazed by the little locking doohickey on them. Even discovering a dorky little 50c plastic pan scraper is a wonderful thing if you’re used to trying to scrape your pan with a spatula or a scrubby sponge.

2 Likes

Which will of course be of a ‘branded’ variety and come with an affiliate link.

As the TV advert here in the UK might say “These are not just any knives and forks, these are BOINGBOING knives and forks”.

(With apologies to Marks & Spencer. 50 seconds of explanation of that last comment here:)

Isn’t that what “Cool Tools” is for? Cross-fertilisation (i.e. links to each from the other) is one thing, but if mission and purpose become too diffuse, the audience gets confused and drifts. Which is all merely friendly observation for Mark: it’s his show, after all. I certainly would not say I am disappointed. Just not quite as appointed as I might otherwise be, since [quote=“andybaldman, post:15, topic:98681, full:true”]
Mark uses a lot more products these days than he did years ago.
[/quote]

I reckon a brilliant way to sell this is to make some videos of folks frying up some bacon with plenty of exposed skin.

Also a fine opportunity to sell some underwear. Someone get on this! Viral fame awaits!

3 Likes

I’ve seen these in kitchens before, now I know what they’re supposed to be for (rather than impromptu tennis rackets).

There’s another use for these things. Set it on your dinner plate and put your pizza or grilled cheese sandwich on top of it. The bottom crust will stay nice and crispy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.