Great deal on a 36-pack of Sharpie markers -- $11

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/04/great-deal-on-a-36-pack-of-sha.html

5 Likes

Decades, in my experience, YMMV

2 Likes

I prefer the click kind, since I’m usually using them in the shop when I’m already holding something, and I’m tired of holding the cap in my teeth and having to remove the inevitable accidental Hitlerstache I give myself with acetone. But this was a nice reminder to order some more, so thanks!

1 Like

That is a good deal. I had better order a gross.

Since you mentioned it, is everyone aware that a great gross is 1,728 (a dozen gross).

I just heard of this for the first time recently, and it instantly struck me as something I should have known for years.

Back on topic, a great gross would be far too many Sharpies.

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple from my last move twenty years ago…still good. The kind with the metal canister body though.

Amazon prices are made both regionally and based on your purchasing power, so when you post a great deal on Amazon, chances are it’s only for about 24% of your audience. This “deal” is $22 in New York, with someone who makes regular monthly orders with Pantry.

3 Likes

But in NY it’s nearly time for the local fresh indelible marker crop anyway. AGITPRINT18. Highly structured near-permanent bubbles you can carbonize and stuff.

3 Likes

Seems like this is a case for case. or two.

Charlie Kratzer’s Basement Decorated With A Sharpie:

But wait! There’s more!!

Let the kids decorate the investment.

Or themselves.

http://www.ifitshipitshere.com/and-you-thought-sharpies-were-for-writing-your-name-in-your-undies/

2 Likes

I’ve seen people wrap the sharpies with wax to take on research to protect them from water and desert heat. They always seem to work when needed. YMMV

1 Like

Yeah, I’m getting the $22 price, as well. Amazon hates me.

Sharpies are not good for anything you want to last longer than a few years. First the ink fades to brown, then eats through paper. It is not good for artwork, legal signatures or keepsakes but great for labeling underwear tags, plastic bags and other disposable type labeling.

You can never have too many Sharpies. I just upped my order to a ‘great gross’. Thank you kind sir, or madam, whichever the case may be.

1 Like

Don’t be ridiculous. Sharpies are free!

On an unrelated note, I hope my company’s purchasing dept takes advantage of this offer.

2 Likes

They only last until you lose them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.