Great performers having fun together

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/18/great-performers-having-fun-to.html

4 Likes

What a pleasure to watch. They make it look so natural and effortless, even though it took a lot of rehearsals to get it just right. I’ll bet they enjoyed each-other’s company during the entire process.

5 Likes

Well, that made my day.

2 Likes

The litany of composers reminded me of another Danny Kaye song:

3 Likes

That was great. Thanks for posting!

2 Likes

And totally unplanned:

Leo Kottke, Chet Atkins, and Doc Watson found themselves in the same hotel. So after all what do you think they did?

2 Likes

A true master at work. One of the best artists who has ever lived.

And Danny Kaye wasn’t slouching, either! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Armstrong always seems so joyful. [edit] I now doubt if this is a real word, oh well[/edit]

Also very nice. I like how they are all blankly staring into space because they are communicating via ears&fingers. You can see their minds are floating in the musical landscape and they don’t really use their eyes at the moment.

1 Like

Great performers having fun together, you say?

I love 0:42 - 0:50 where Mel picks up Ella’s riff and takes it home.

And then there’s this: positively… therapeutic!

7 Likes

Joyful is very much a word. As for staring blankly, Doc Watson was blind from very young. Kottke, whenever I saw him play live, was watching his guitar for whatever reason. Atkins played live gigs for geological times and I guess along the line learned that audiences like eye contact.

3 Likes

God damn, that was fun as all hell

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.