Greatest-ever shredding company slogan: "The Future Is Here And Everything Needs To Be Destroyed."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/08/om-nom-nom-2.html

7 Likes

It would seem that Dominic Cummings is doing some work on the side, selling his same basic message beyond UK politics.

12 Likes

Sounds like an accurate slogan for the Trump 2020 campaign

23 Likes

I’m shredding right now.

15 Likes

How do you think they got rid of that banner when they were finished with it?

I bet it was super fun, however they did it.

Edit (after thinking about it): I hope they put it in a time capsule and buried it for someone to find, wide-eyed…

7 Likes

My shredder allegiance still lies with SSI Shredding Systems and their slogan, What Needs Shredding?

Plus, they have some great videos!

3 Likes

Too Soon, man!

1 Like

If shredding companies had a lick of sense then one of them would have hired Eddie Van Halen as a spokesperson by now.

10 Likes

Have a pic of a hard drive on a beach and a guy going, “You blew it up! Thanks Allegheny Shredders!”

4 Likes

17 Likes

The first thing that leapt into my head: “Huh, so they’re saying the secret conservative slogan out loud.”

4 Likes
7 Likes

These people would make a bundle selling T-Shirts

4 Likes

That picture looks underexposed. Normally that would be a quick level adjustment, but I suppose that this would violate some sort of ethical bound.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about small imperfections. It’s all scheduled to be destroyed soon anyway.

6 Likes

I just assume that everything looks that way in the UK this time of year.

6 Likes

Runner-up slogan in their ad agency’s proposals:

“All Your Documented Criminal Shit Can Be Exposed and You Brought Down Like the Criminal You Are. Thoroughly Shred All Your Shit Within Minutes of Hearing About Those Pending Subpoenas.”

5 Likes

Good to see Banksy branching out a bit. The guerilla street artist thing had really gotten stale.

6 Likes

Interesting guy…

The son of an oil rig project manager and a special-needs teacher, Mr. Cummings attended Oxford, like so many protagonists of the Brexit saga. But unlike the patrician circle that has tended to surround prime ministers, Mr. Cummings did not immediately leap into the crucible of Westminster politics.
Instead he went to Russia, where he tried and failed to launch an airline in a venture so mismanaged that, so the story goes, the one customer it managed to attract was left behind by the aircraft. In Britain, he also helped out as a nightclub doorman.

10 Likes

Said every wrathful deity and fundamentalist preacher EVER.

2 Likes