Grifters

Yep. I’m thinking a Mar-a-Lago garage sale will appear sometime soon.

7 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes

“ On Friday, it was reported that the Trump scam machine, besides being total hooey, has such little regard for the millions of MAGA suckers it cons that it has been fundraising off of promises of meet-and-greets—and then just blowing them off. That’s some cold-blooded hubris.”

9 Likes
5 Likes

@BakerB raised an interesting question about the Gates Foundation, and it led to this:

Gates Foundation outcomes are worse than I ever imagined:
https://www.educationviews.org/bill-gates-and-his-failed-education-initiatives/

How did this go on for so long?

Due to lack of oversight, now there are new problems that will require years of effort and more funds to fix. Of course, the folks who profited from all this aren’t concerned about any of that. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

12 Likes

Tim Vasquez told jurors on Wednesday that he kept separate his life as the leader and drummer of his cover band and his life as the city of San Angelo’s top police officer.

The 52-year-old former police chief said he regretted failing to disclose when those two lives collided but denied using his position as San Angelo’s chief of police to influence a multimillion dollar contract in exchange for bribes from a San Antonio-based radio systems provider.

They said from 2007 to 2015, the provider paid Vasquez more than $84,000 through his band, Funky Munky, which performed at the company’s functions in San Antonio. After the contract was awarded in 2015, Vasquez through his band received another $94,000 from the company, for a total of $178,000.

5 Likes
13 Likes

“Australia is unusual among English-speaking countries in that it does not allow tax deductions for tithing or church donations. But it does allow generous deductibility for charitable giving.

The Mormon Church has structured itself to maximise that tax benefit, and reports that it spends up to 70 per cent of its Australian income on charity. Globally, the church spends less than 1 per cent of its income on charity.“

11 Likes

TIL!

11 Likes

Yeah, i thought that was a typo!

5 Likes
10 Likes

I doubt that it got lost in the sofa cushions.

11 Likes
16 Likes

CRYPTO MOMS

4 Likes

Build wealth for families?

“Shut up kids, and eat your tulips.”

16 Likes

9 Likes

It all makes sense now.

9 Likes

Only 13 percent of American women in their 30s and 40s say they have invested in, traded or used cryptocurrencies, compared to 43 percent of men in their late teens and 20s, according to a Pew Research Center study published in November

Both of those numbers are shockingly high

9 Likes

Why the age discrepancy? Comparing 30-40 year olds to young adults is obviously going show a difference financially.

3 Likes