Grocery store throws away $35K of food after woman purposefully coughs on it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/26/grocery-store-throws-away-35k.html

1 Like

I absolutely cannot get this thought out of my mind: That woman is a Trumpster.

40 Likes

Fucking people.

26 Likes

I didn’t catch if she was an influencer or not. Or a player for the Utah Jazz.

People like this make me question effort spent trying to make anything better. If it were just a handful, I could write it off. But there are enough that Trump of all people has an unwavering base. That’s thousands of the fuckers.

Perhaps it’s time to Slim Pickens this shit, hang on, lean back, wave a hat, and let the ride happen.

21 Likes

I’m sure some will cling to Hilary being behind all the people dropping dead, but hope some wise up due to the pandemic. So wish they’d realized things before it came to this.

2 Likes

You have more faith in their ability to change than I.

11 Likes

Surely a rapid test is less than $35k?

6 Likes

That headline is really misleading. It doesn’t sound like there was anything playful in that woman’s intent.

15 Likes

Sue for damages.

4 Likes

28 Likes

She doesn’t look like she spent her 35 years on this earth practicing a healthy lifestyle.

4 Likes

Throw away? No, no, no.

Make her buy it all.

32 Likes

Racists are using this an excuse to attack Asian Americans all over the country. The FBI stopped a white supremacist plot to use a car bomb to blow up a hospital treating coronavirus patients. Yeah, fucking people…

22 Likes

It’s not looking good on that front

6 Likes

You have to put the food in storage (which they may not have) while you wait for the results. The police may not be able to get her tested immediately, and the police (and heathcare in the region in general) may not have access to quick tests. So they may not be able to get the results for a few days, in which time some of the food may spoil or go past its sell-by date.

And even if the test results come back immediately you probaby won’t be able to get the results anyway because of HIPAA.

You also risk getting the reputation as the grocery store which sold the food contaminated by COVID 19.

Yeah, it seems like an overreaction at first (especially considering how tight grocery margins are), but it’s probably the right call.

23 Likes

Surely you haven’t been paying attention. There are hardly any tests available at all, let alone any mythical “rapid test.”

15 Likes

I hope she likes jail.

5 Likes

That graph terrifies me almost as much as the ones showing the projected infection rate.

6 Likes

Where she’ll likely actually contract the COVID-19. It looks like she can’t post bail yet.

8 Likes

I’m glad this piece mentions Luzerne County, because wouldn’t you know, we Pennsylvanians really like the name Hanover Township.

13 Likes