Group proposes legalization of rape

A men’s rights activist (MRA) group called Return of Kings will hold a “National Meetup Day” in cities in California. Women ain’t allowed.

Leader Roosh Vlizadeh: “I propose that we make the violent taking of a woman not punishable by law when done off public grounds.” He adds that the group “…will exact furious retribution upon anyone who challenges [them] in public on that date.”

READ MORE …

1 Like

[citation needed?]

3 Likes

As long as we’re examining them, let’s try to use http://DoNotLink.com to prevent them from getting adrevenue and crap:

DoNotLink redirect to returnofkings.com/about

12 Likes

Welp, it looks like they cancelled their nasty little get together.

returnofkings.com/79537/announcement-the-meetup-on-february-6-is-cancelled

I can no longer guarantee the safety or privacy of the men who want to attend on February 6, especially since most of the meetups can not be made private in time. While I can’t stop men who want to continue meeting in private groups, there will be no official Return Of Kings meetups. The listing page has been scrubbed of all locations. I apologize to all the supporters who are let down by my decision.

Good they feel afraid and vulnerable. Just like all rape advocates should. They should be afraid for their safety. They’re terrorists.

22 Likes

Also, their website’s a total shitshow. They demand you turn javascript on before even showing anything at all. Even for internal links. Trash people do trash web development.

8 Likes

This would be hilarious if only it wasn’t utterly infuriating…

8 Likes

What’s that taste in my mouth? Oh, yeah: delicious, delicious irony.

18 Likes

Could be

8 Likes

Citation: http://www.snopes.com/roosh-v-43-countries/ (Sorry for linking Snopes; I know they’re ridiculous over the top with browser killing ads site these days.)

Gist of link: They were planning a meeting. It wasn’t for legalization of rape specifically. But since they have repeatedly advocated for legalizing rape previously and have continued to do so, it’s reasonable to assume the subject might come up.

9 Likes

The worst thing about citations is that any link you might visit about them will make you want to murder these people. It’s like a group of people decided to find a collection of the worst traits people could have and adopt as many as possible (besides illiteracy, they really love to write out their terrible, terrible thoughts).

10 Likes

I don’t know about elsewhere, but the ones in San Diego have already been cancelled. Pity, some of us were looking forward to it. I have some lovely rotten cabbages and potatoes that I was saving on the edge of the compost heap.

And I don’t think anyone has said it yet: Christ, what an asshole.

10 Likes

Yeah, I hovered over the link and decided there was no way I was going to click through.

5 Likes

Well… Doesn’t it sort of go without saying? These are people who think they have a right to “violently take a woman” and that “furious retribution” is the proper response to anyone challenging their barbaric and fucking evil idea.

Christ, what an asshole doesn’t even begin to cover the epithets and slurs they deserve. But I suppose it’s a good start.

I’d prefer in this case to say: “Christ, what a bunch of fucking monsters who need to be tracked by the FBI, because they’re fucking terrorists.”

8 Likes

I would be more concerned if I wasn’t already pretty sure they are on some watchlist.

This is so awful, I have to wonder if they have some other endgame, like driving traffic to their site which has malware embedded.

2 Likes

Do we call him Roosh the Douche, or just Rooshbag?

Roosh V, previously.

3 Likes

You know, I’m okay with persecuting this guy. He’s choosing to be an unbelievable jackass, he can alleviate such poor treatment by deciding to become a decent person instead. Or at least hide his utter misogyny. Ridiculing people for their actions, speech and choices is absolutely acceptable, in my book. They’re all things they have control over and can change if they don’t like the consequences.

10 Likes

Maybe, but honestly he’s probably selling T-shirts (definitely selling books). He almost certainly thinks that people who follow him are losers and he is laughing at them and taking their money. I can’t deny the possibility he is a true believer, but I wouldn’t bet on it. I just googled “how much money does roosh v make” and turned up articles and videos by him bragging about how much money he makes (did not read/watch). Makes you think a bit of prosperity gospel preachers.

2 Likes

I like to think these awesome ladies had something to do with it…

10 Likes

Isn’t that pretty much the whole point of the MRA industry? Losers like hearing that they aren’t the problem and are willing to pay for it.

3 Likes