'Growing number' of GOP leaders say Trump must be removed from office now, and 25th Amendment must be invoked

11 Likes

NO. It will only divide your party more. Which I’m ok with.

4 Likes

10 Likes

His argument only makes sense if you take it as first principles that this is being done for no reason, rather than an attempt to hold the president accountable for fomenting sedition on national television. Nothing the president did was wrong, so any attempt to punish him for it is just political shenanigans. Zero accountability or responsibility.

10 Likes

Finally, an on-the-record name-attached denouncement.

I’m not sure I’d call Murkowski a “GOP leader”, though.

9 Likes

She’s what they would call a RINO. Which you get labeled by lightly pretending not to represent the wingnut principles of the rest of the party.

2 Likes

Impeachment WITH a conviction for anyone in government advocating/inciting/leading
an insurrection is the only method of preventing it’s recurrence. There must be punishment. If it’s carried in both houses, Trump resigns, Pence pardons, but Donnie
ends up in front of HUAC, where he’s forced to testify, as he can’t invoke the 5th.

4 Likes

I’m kinda doubting Pence would pardon since this mob had intentions of detaining and executing him at 45’s urging.

13 Likes

Dividing insurrectionists from the rest of us? Yeah, I’m ok with that.

13 Likes

Pence has shown that no matter how often he gets kicked, he is willing to do his master’s bidding. He’s a dog, not a wolf (and certainly not a cat).

5 Likes

Grima still stabs Saruman in the end. I don’t know if that’s going to happen here, but it occurs to me Wormtongue is a great name for Pence, especially after the fly.

8 Likes

I wish a list could be displayed graphically as a Tree of Traitors, with branches for government agencies, legislative bodies, etc… Each person who makes a statement like this would have their name added to a leaf on the tree. That way, we could see how many are still enabling/supporting 45, and figure out which limbs are so rotten they need to be removed. Maybe seeing their names in those terms might finally convince some of these officials to fall off on their own. :thinking:

9 Likes

DeVos and Chao have resigned.

4 Likes

I wonder if any DeVos family money went towards funding that mob? They funded anti-lockdown protests, which were a build-up to this.

Might ask her that, and where her brother was, while she’s sprinting for the door.

11 Likes

Erik Prince’s shadyness?

I’m fond of “Fly Bait”, myself~

And the beat goes on:

11 Likes
16 Likes

Pence wants Trump to launch all the nukes, then he can become president of the End Times.

13 Likes

If the connotation is giver of bad advice, sounds more like Giuliani

4 Likes