Grumpy old man Trump is still running against Biden

Maybe I’m giving republican campaign functionaries too much credit(not implausible given Trump’s nigh-magical ability to attract the best people and, when he does manage to pull one that was once good at something, reduce them to a husk); but it wouldn’t be entirely surprising if the problem is specifically what isn’t scripted.

With Trump it’s always personal(and, while some attempts fall flat, you can really tell that he has a bully’s eye for a target: not sure ‘little Marco’ or ‘low energy Jeb’ ever recovered; though ‘rocketman’ never really landed); and he’s clearly got something personal against Obama, less clear if he’d actually object to Biden if they’d met under different circumstances; but he’s been the designated enemy and humiliator of the last election, so he certainly objects to him now; but I’m not sure he really has any strong impression of Harris to work with.

3 Likes

Here’s a good one he posted last night.

Fine? Brilliant? Young?

Lyin’ Kamala Harris, the Biden appointed “Border Czar” who never visited the Border, and whose incompetence gave us the WORST and MOST DANGEROUS Border anywhere in the World, has absolutely terrible pole numbers against a fine and brilliant young man named DONALD J. TRUMP! Be careful what you wish for, Democrats??? MAGA2024

10 Likes

It doesn’t work as an insult because it draws attention to Kim Jong Un’s power.

3 Likes

That’s the most pathetic yet, even if he had spelled “poll” right.

11 Likes

12 Likes

Even if this were true (and I have no idea), in order to make high-level policy a visit to a small part of the border is absolutely unnecessary. This is about managing resources and development aid, which is done from an office, not from a spot in the desert somewhere, looking at a fence.

11 Likes

And I seem to recall a bipartisan border bill that was ready to pass, until the angry mango ordered the Republicans to kill it.

eta:

10 Likes

It isn’t. This picture was taken at an immigration facility in El Paso in 2021.

14 Likes

Of course it isn’t! I wonder why I even gave him the benefit of the doubt

13 Likes

14 Likes

What, that woke pinko RINO?

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.