Guantánamo Bay is the most expensive prison on Earth

Sorry; I didn’t know you were unfamiliar with standard corporate accounting methods.

If you add a new business unit in an existing company, standard practice is to include in the expenses of the new business unit, for P&L accounting purposes, that unit’s share of the shared services across the company: HR, Finance, Maintenance; basically, everything that unit uses that isn’t directly covered by it’s own facilities and personnel.

For instance, it’s absolutely standard accounting to include a share of the ongoing expenses of the Gitmo airfield and port in the prison’s expenses. It’s not “shaky numbers”, it’s standard accounting.

Uh, you’re saying exactly what I was saying. That would be the chargeback that I said would have already been in the budget, but you keep trying to add a second time. A second time based on a made up 30% or 10x. That’s pretty shaky.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here in trying to discuss this with you. The “double counts” that you earlier called “exaggeration” are neither. They are normal accounting.

We are definitely not saying exactly the same thing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.