Guitarist Jack White claims he can name any Beatles song after hearing a one-second clip

Originally published at: Guitarist Jack White claims he can name any Beatles song after hearing a one-second clip | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I think I could get 8/10 in the same game, possibly perfect if the game master left the rockabilly covers out.

4 Likes

I missed “Boys” and “Get Back.” Did better than I thought I would!

I was right there with him until Back in the USSR/Dear Prudence. That was impressive that he could tell which part of the song break it was from, though I would have considered the entire plane sound effect part of USSR. It’s really only the fairly arbitrary cuts for CD that made it part of Dear Prudence and the fact that the first few notes are overlayed.

6 Likes

Ah, first second clip. Would have been even more impressed if it was a one-second clip from anywhere in the song.

(This is still fairly impressive.)

4 Likes

That’s pretty impressive.
He’s a talented dude. Have seen White Stripes and Jack White solo live a couple times and was also impressed in that regard. Really love all of his solo work and the Raconteurs.

1 Like

I got more than half of those but I couldn’t get them as fast as him, I would have to think for 20 seconds or so.

3 Likes

But did he win the Amana Touchmatic Radar Range?

4 Likes

Same!

3 Likes

They should have asked Jack Black. He may not be right but his responses would be funnier.

1 Like

they should form a group called Jack Grey

4 Likes

mrs. navarro has the same practived love of beatles music from the early days through to the end. i feel quite sure that she would be very competitive with mr. white.

2 Likes

Back in the days when television was something that had channels you could flip through, I had the odd talent of being able to identify movies in the time it took for the channel to flip past – maybe 1/4 of a second.

I couldn’t do it every time, to be sure, but I had a decent batting average. The weird part was that I could often identify films in this manner that I had never actually seen – just a glimpse of an actor and a context was enough for me to put it together.

4 Likes

Jack White’s birth name was John Anthony Gillis. I wonder if he changed it because he fancied sharing the name of one of the Beatle’s best known albums. It certainly rolls off the tongue better than Jack Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

1 Like

They did!

4 Likes

Revolution 9 would be the challenge.

What’s so great about that? I got them all right…

1 Like

I believe he misidentified “Run For Your Life” as “I’m Looking Through You”.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.