Gun control: no constitutional right to concealed carry

This one’s mine:

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice!

:wink:

1 Like

If you are carrying Mace, no one will mess with you!

1 Like

“Remember ladies, always carry mace.”

11 Likes

But of course!

14 Likes

19 Likes

7 Likes

I accidentally clicked on some “firearms fails” youtube video… unnerving is an understatement. The one I clicked before on purpose because i could not parse the title initially was about someone who had filled a dead riding lawnmower with some explosive that is used to make explosive targets for target shooting (and thus using an order of magnitude or two more of the stuff than one should) who then severed his leg with the shrapnel from when he shot the explosive laden target.

1 Like

Also handy if you need to nutmeg an attacker.

6 Likes

Second Amendment == The right to a well-regulated state militia. I’m not even sure I see private gun ownership in that. Certainly not running around with hidden firearms in peacetime.

4 Likes

HEY! Stop reading the whole amendment. You know damned well that in this country we ignore introductory phrases.

16 Likes

I’d be more concerned if you were insisting on carrying a concealed weapon.

13 Likes

Hey! Don’t try to turn this in to something weird!

11 Likes

Too late.

:slight_smile:

http://img.pandawhale.com/92011-you-two-are-weird-gif-would-yo-PxY5.gif

9 Likes

Now we’re talkin. I’ve long wanted to tell gun-clutchers to shove them up there. (Or put maybe more politely: they’re already into one fetish, why not try another?)

4 Likes

11 Likes

That bottom one with a spring shaft looks deceptively wicked.

1 Like

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that you don’t have to be part of a militia. “The adjective ‘well-regulated’ implies nothing more than the imposition of proper discipline and training.”

But it’s still the key to easily bringing in gun control in America:

Democrats would take a strong pro-NRA stance. Declare that gun ownership is an important part of American citizenship, an important defence against the tyranny of the government and the establishment of a ruling class.

Then they begin a campaign to encourage and assist gun ownership by blacks, Hispanics, and any minority that has ever feared the tyranny of a ruling class.

Republicans would panic, and the next Republican administration would take away everyone’s guns.

The way they do this is to based on the meaning of “well regulated militia” - “the imposition of proper discipline and training.”

And so Republicans focus on “proper discipline and training.” Redefine it to include either police training, military training or a government approved training course. The government-approved course would be the equivalent of a driving course and a driver’s test, with equivalent costs. But it would also include criminal background checks and drug tests.

Now the foot is in the door. After the inevitable incidents and accidents by those who have taken the course, they declare that the obvious solution is to raise the training standards.

Now it includes courses in gun safety, gun theory, a history course on guns and the Second Amendment, and a course on responsible citizenship. The training becomes the equivalent of a semester in part-time college, where you don’t have time for a full-time job AND you have to pay money up front to take it. Complete with $300 worth of textbooks required. And if you fail the course, you have to take it again.

At that point, you’ve denied guns to the poor, largely visible minorities. How Republican is that? Also gang members, hillbillies, people with a criminal record and many other undesirables. But you haven’t violated the Second Amendment. The NRA, now making a fortune providing that training, backs them all the way.

And so the pro-gun-control crowd gets their gun control. The Republicans remain the party of “responsible” gun ownership, with a monopoly on deciding who is “responsible”. The NRA makes a fortune. Everyone (that matters) is happy.

8 Likes

Your vision sounds better than the present state of affairs.

2 Likes

Just don’t be charged with a salt.

12 Likes