Gun manufacturer pitches the "JR-15", a rifle for kids styled on the AR-15

People are very polite when they’re dead.

8 Likes

And this is precisely what the GOP and far right want us to all constantly feel, all the time. This is why they’ve made common cause with 2A extremists, pushing through radical legislation that is opposed by most Americans in order to keep and retain their votes.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

15 Likes

… not since they got rid of Flash anyway

3 Likes

It’s not exactly a new thing

6 Likes

I’ve found dead people are actually incredibly rude. They never say anything at all or even acknowledge you exist when you try and strike up a conversation with them.

9 Likes

“When bad things happen in the news”… you mean, like, every single day? Guns are made for killing. That is their sole reason for existing. If it were just about practicing marksmanship, there are plenty of non-lethal options, but for some reason the lethality is really important to gun hobbyists. Maybe it’s time to ask yourself exactly what it is that real, bullet-shooting guns provide to you that a BB gun, airsoft gun, or similar can’t, and why it’s so important to you that you think it’s a good idea to market lethal weapons to children.

14 Likes

Limited lifetime warranty? Does that mean the warranty expires when you get shot?

6 Likes

Hmmm. I read it as a guarantee that owning it will limit you to a lifetime of fear and dread.

7 Likes

I think it means that they are guaranteeing that your life will be limited.

3 Likes

Hobbies. Can you imagine, coming into my house and seeing a bunch of early 19th century whips on display in my house? And I was like “oh goodness, I would never whip a person with one of these, I just think they’re neat.” Gun hobbyism at its core is power fantasy. Power over man, power over beast.

9 Likes

Looney Tunes GIF

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.