Guns Don't Kill People, Toddlers Do

The interview with the gun store owner is revealing. He describes the ways that unscrupulous dealers evade the age limits, or more accurately just don’t bother with them.

The interview with the law prof is also revealing. He will tell you all about federal law on gun liability, and why it is virtually impossible to find anyone liable for anything.

And if you can’t be bothered with the story, please don’t say you didn’t see anything there. You didn’t see because you didn’t bother to look.

1 Like

You gave a link and no other guidance, and I checked it twice.

If you had a point to make in relation to their reporting, well, it’d be downright decent of you to tell us when the relevant portions are.

But yeah, you should probably just chew on me instead.

3 Likes

Anyone for…
Um…
Turning this thread into a…
Well ya know… .gif thread?

3 Likes

Chew on whaaa now? He isn’t chewing on you, he is chewing on himself… and I think you should let him :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Gifs, you say…

4 Likes

Did you miss anything? Common sense, perhaps? Nice straw man there though.

3 Likes

OK. Listen to the two parts about guns that say guns in the heading:

This one:

And this one:

Seriously? In a discussion about guns I have to tell you to listen to the two segments about guns and that have the word “gun” in the headline but not the rest that have nothing to do with guns?

Since it’s what got us here, which one of those has a gun shop making underage sales?

That’s all I ever really wanted from ya dude. :wink:

1 Like

They can pry my gifs from my cold, dead hands.

10 Likes

Sorry, I’ve seen the same people for years with the same dog’s breakfast of causes that they supposedly care about sooooo very, very much. But that’s online, and they are basically just driving trollies on a half dozen issues simultaneously. They couldn’t organize a sandwich.

Every second you spend typing a rebuttal is time wasted when you could be doing something on the issues you supposedly care about! Stop wasting your life! Go! Scoot!

1 Like

Home invasion versus Bren gun.

The funny part is that they have overlooked the girl on the couch because her ugly dress matches the hideous couch.

1 Like

Ya know what, I would like to address something that has been hanging over my head for a while:

“Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!”

That statement is about 50% wrong, let me explain: People don’t kill people, but guns don’t kill people either. Actually neither do cars, gravity, lack of Oxygen, toddlers, cancer, old ladders, starvation, volcanos, earthquakes, dehydration, disease, or kitkat shortages. Matter Of fact, last time I checked there was only one thing that killed people… the motherfucking entirety of space, time, matter, and energy as well as the physical laws and constants that exist in our current universe.

So, the only thing when you really get down to it that actually kills humans is our bad luck within the universe. Think about it, we could have ended up in a universe without guaranteed entropy or persnickety things like conservation of mass, so in the end the only thing that really kills people is our shit luck within the Multiverse!

If you’re so depressed that you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning, doing anything, or realizing that the future might not suck as bad as it does today, it makes sense that suicide is predominantly opportunistic.

I mean, I tried it once. I failed. I only had a half-measure available at the time, and in fact the drug I tried to kill myself with alleviated the depression for awhile because powerful stimulants do that. I was looking for maybe a heartattack or a fatal seizure or an aneurysm. Instead I got about half a day of clarity, and broke through the fog momentarily. Long enough to ask for help.

If I had a gun, if a gun was remotely available to me, I’d be rotting in the ground right now.

5 Likes

Gun control solved.

1 Like

What if there are guns on another planet somewhere in our universe being used by an Intelligent race of aliens to kill each other? What then?

1 Like

Distill that down to a handy soundbite like “Guns don’t kill people” and we’re on to something. :smile:

1 Like

Idk brah, lemme spark another spliff and I’ll get back to you… :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have never attempted suicide but depression and dark thoughts haunt us all, do they not? In the past, on some of my really bad days when thoughts of suicide became much more prominent, Nitrogen (Inert Gasses) always came to mind as it’s supposedly painless and calm. However Nitrogen doesn’t exactly hold the same opportunism as a firearm. It would require you to be much more conscious of your actions and give you more opportunity to reach out for help. A trigger and a muzzle do not leave you much time for deliberation or meditation on the effect of your actions.

2 Likes

That is my experience. I don’t think it happens to everyone, but we’re certainly significant.

gawd the suicide arguments are hard for me.

(This is where I wrote a whole post about stuff that would get me shouted at. Nevermind.)

2 Likes

FTFY

(idk about you but I’d much rather go out laughing…)

1 Like