Gwyneth Paltrow wants to sell you a vibrator

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/04/gwyneth-paltrow-wants-to-sell.html

So she does not test all her products?

5 Likes

Why did they blur The Tennis Coach? They didn’t bleep the phallic joke about the extra long rolling pins.

3 Likes

To help with those jade eggs.

2 Likes

Who here’s against vibrators? She should sell vibrators.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her selling vibrators, as long as they work.

What’s way more problematic is that in the same segment, she starts chatting up the benefits of a crystal water bottle:

Crystal Energy is the perfect energy encapsulated within natural crystals found deep within the Earth. Each crystal possesses its own unique frequency known to help with certain ailments & enhance desired qualities in ones life.

…which actually is a hideously bad product for the environment and humans in general.

16 Likes

Well at least with a vibrator, you know if it actually WORKS or not, unlike most of the woo she sells.

10 Likes

Vibrators are fun for the whole family.

2 Likes

All that crap almost makes me as enraged as thinking of drumph.

Such fakery! Obecalp effect, all of it.

Sorry, placebo is the generic name of that medicine

Rocks, tea bags, and wasp nest. With a record like that it sounds like her vibrator is something you won’t want near your vagina

3 Likes

But I hope she has warnings.

3 Likes

Not familiar with the products she lends her name to, not familiar with the movies she associates her image with, makes millions from both, seems slightly annoyed having to appear on TV to promote them.

Quite a life, Goopy.

1 Like

I am incredibly disappointed this product is not made from jade.

8 Likes

Will it help me quit vaping?

6 Likes

I’m fairly sure of it contains any nicotine it will only be at homeopathic levels.

5 Likes

Does that crystal in the bottle double as an insertion object?

3 Likes

We can paint it green, would that help?

1 Like

That’s a hard pass from me, thank you.

2 Likes

(Relevant portion 2 min 44 sec)

That is another time she was selling a vibrator.

Am I missing something here? There are plenty of other products she sells that are objectively horrible. The jade eggs and crystals are definitely horrible things to sell.

Why are people making a fuss about something she’s selling that’s not awful?

Is it just thinking that vibrators are a joke in themselves or something shameful?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.