Hair salon refuses service to transgender and queer patrons, suggests they go to "pet groomer" instead

Originally published at: Hair salon refuses service to transgender and queer patrons, suggests they go to "pet groomer" instead | Boing Boing

1 Like

downvote GIF

33 Likes

A hair salon that has an issue with LGBTQ+ folks is very likely to be a crappy hair salon, IMO.

Just sayin’.

27 Likes

From their private Insta:

They seem like lovely people.

13 Likes

Weird way to let people know that her bigotry matters more than money; hope the Streisand Effect treats her accordingly.

27 Likes

And any haircut not appropriate to their gender…

34 Likes

The owner specifically says that “LGB” people are welcome. At least here in the UK, being for “LGB” rights means being against trans rights.

7 Likes

They really do want a PAPERS PLEASE!!! society (where they have all the guns). After ze papers inzpection ve vill have ze panties inspection to confirm ze CORRRRRECT gender iz eztablished. (jack boot heels click loudly)
SCHNELL!

It’s sick that these nazi scum are back and resurgent after tfg.

You’re a hair cutting shop, cut hair, shut up about your f’ing ideology. Jesus sure as sh!t wouldn’t act like this. I predict they’ll be back in the news in six months for firebombing their own shop because their business cratered. Additional $20 on blaming ‘the woke mob’ but getting caught out for insurance fraud when video evidence of their guilt surfaces. derp-adee-doo-dah!

16 Likes

A quick Google search suggests there are three professional beauty supply company (companies that sell directly to salons or licensed hairdressers not to the general public) locations in Traverse City, MI (one CosmoProf, one SalonCentric, one Sally Beauty.)

It would sure be a shame if those three businesses refused service to this hair salon for whatever reason and they had to pay to have all their supplies shipped to them.

16 Likes

I know it must be super hard to resist ‘correcting’ others when one is so certain that one is always the smartest person in the room, however that’s a qualifier that I personally don’t give a happy fuck about.

I SAID WHAT THE FUCK I SAID.

ALL OR NONE, full fucking stop.

If anyone has an issue with ANY part of the LGBTQIA+ community, then they are a bigot in my personal opinion.

Good day.

29 Likes

Betty White Ok Love GIF

16 Likes

Is this a trend now? Conservative christians moving slowly through the alphabet of acceptance? The road ahead looks like they will finally fine tune themselves out of existence.

5 Likes

No, it’s not. Because their is no end point for their targeting of marginalized groups. They’re pushing that shit, because of the transphobic TERF movement.

17 Likes

Kinda proving Melz’s point there. The “LGB” people who are against trans rights are fascists, who are not known for good styling regardless of sexual orientation…

dumb jim carrey GIF

17 Likes

The owner thinks that she will avoid the crappy salon problem by welcoming the queer folk that she approves of.

2 Likes

This is what fascists have always done; they keep making the circle of ‘acceptable people’ ever smaller, because that takes the focus off their unsustainability of their regime.

Thanks to my friends @Tamsin_Bailey and @the_borderer, I have been able to keep an eye on the rise of the mindlessly hateful fascism over in the UK, as well as here at home in the US.

Thanks for TERF-splaining shit to me twice, now.
Your ‘contributions’ to the conversation have been duly noted; here’s your cookie:

18 Likes

Um… no. She most likely does not “approve” of any queer folks. She is just leaning into the GC language being embraced by the far right as a form of “virtue signaling”… Once one group is hurt enough, she’ll move on to the next one. That’s how this shit always works. it has never not worked like that.

The woman is bigoted. Full stop. I highly doubt it’s just reserved for trans people, because it’s never just about one group.

18 Likes

For the moment at least, “LGB” TERFs are happy to play along. At least they are in Britain, perhaps it’s different in the US.

1 Like

What they say, and what they will do are two different things. Let’s stop taking bigots at their word and look at their actions instead. The far right is already looking for ways here in teh states to roll back the clock on LGBQT+ rights, and not just for trans people…

19 Likes

Including aligning openly with neonazis.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

15 Likes