Halestorm's kinda metal ode to metal

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/27/halestorms-kinda-metal-ode-t.html

I occasionally catch a song flipping through the channels from Halestorm. Honestly it sounds like formulaic new country with the twang removed and rock inserted. But hey, to each his own. My taste in music is probably terrible.

1 Like

I feel TV theme songs are high art.

2 Likes

Halestorm any relation to the Scottish Piratecore group Alestorm?

4 Likes

Some of them are. Like The A-Team, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, Golden Girls, Star Trek TNG. And many more.

This one and most other Halestorm I’ve come across is straight up Rock in terms of sound and chord progression. Thats not a bad thing at all.

I grew up with that great music recorded 30+ years ago and still love it. But we’re now living in a golden age of music. It’s undergoing a cambrian explosion since it can now be relatively easily produced and distributed even if it doesn’t fit into one of the 3 or 4 commercial radio genres, and even if it isn’t in a ‘radio-friendly’ format (or an ‘album-friendly’ format), so people are experimenting with all kinds of stuff. I find new things I like all the time.

I have the t-shirt from this one. Halestorm was playing with The Pretty Reckless and it was a good show. :sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.