Haley’s plan to unite the United States: pardon Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/20/haleys-plan-to-unite-the-united-states-pardon-trump.html

12 Likes

Pardoning a criminal former president did wonders for Gerald Ford’s reputation and popularity. Uniting the nation in peace and contentment. /s, very hard /s

36 Likes

Or - Trump could simply die in jail like he deserves…

40 Likes

HowBoutNo

28 Likes

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

25 Likes

Fuck that noise

17 Likes

So you admit that Trump’s a felon?

34 Likes

That’s not how unity works. When has it ever worked that way? Unity requires enough mutual agreement and acceptance to move forward as a collective unit. A unilateral pardon by his own party doesn’t do any of that.

Not to mention, there’s still plenty of state level crimes he’s committed, so what would this even accomplish?

Anyway, in this case, unity isn’t the goal I care about. Justice is.

24 Likes

Only if uniting trailer trash warring factions of a death cult is a goal or if she doesn’t see the liberal portion of this country as part of these United States.

5 Likes

I mean, from a tactical perspective this is her only move. She will only be the candidate if something happens to Trump, and at that point she will be entirely at the mercy of the MAGAs. The only way they will vote for her rather than staying home or writing in Trump is if she offers them something that helps Trump.

21 Likes

I don’t even know who she’s trying to win over here.

People who think Trump didn’t do anything wrong are planning to vote for Trump, not Haley. Everyone else would be happy to see him held accountable for his actions.

19 Likes

See my comment above. It’s a hail mary (IMO)

6 Likes

Unhelpful and classist.

6 Likes

Knuckle dragging morons then.

They sure as hell will not unite with the more liberal side of the country. Ever. The only thing a pardon from her would do is to perpetuate his grift and cult leader standing.

9 Likes

Everybody?

Speak for yourself you fascist handmaiden.

17 Likes

Yeah, that really jumps out. Unless she means “everybody” to mean “a minority,” I assume “everybody” refers only to Republicans. She’s only interested in uniting Republicans. Everyone else doesn’t count. (Though this also raises the question of whether “everybody” in the Republican party would be upset by Trump going to jail, but…)

9 Likes

Is she still trying for vice president or a spot in his cabinet?

I mean if someone spent months calling me a birdbrain I’d probably tell him to get screwed but I know that’s not how any this works.

5 Likes

‘I don’t think it’s in the best interests for America to have an 80-year-old president sitting in jail and having everybody upset about it.’

Who’s ‘everybody’?

10 Likes

Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

Well, one thing is for certain, she’s trying to raise as much money as possible on this kind of bullshit messaging. Who believes this particular piece of garbage idea is beyond me.