Half of Australian rugby team refuses to play in "pride" version of kit featuring rainbow stripe

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF

4 Likes

“Look. We just want grapple with each other in large man-piles in a very manly, not gay way.”

4 Likes

Don’t these guys understand that this choice will follow them around for the rest f their lives and not to mention has made them more popular now then ever, but in a bad way? I’m mean unless you want to be known as small minded fool.

May the inconvenienced anti-pride non-players now worry and lose their concentration and footing in later matches as they grab and sqwoosh up against their teammates who had no issue wearing the shirts.

1 Like

I wonder how their teammates feel that they probably lost the match because they couldn’t field a full team due to seven of their teammates refusing to play with a tiny splash of colour on their shirts. I’m guessing that locker room got a bit awkward.

7 Likes

Except in the Roman Catholic Church… at least when I was in parochial school. Church bazaars in Brooklyn (and I assume elsewhere) were opportunities to raise lots of cash. Games of chance were more popular than the rides.

1 Like

And it’s not ALL the players, just 7 of them

1 Like

The team is currently second from the bottom of the ladder. Their season is shot anyway.

So they should just kick the players to the curb and say “We’re better off with out you”

Of course, this won’t happen, but I can dream

6 Likes

Their sook has had one wonderful consequence - the pride jerseys subsequently sold out in 24 hours.

8 Likes

Look, yes, their “sincerely held beliefs” are just bigotry of the “God hates fags” school.

These players are largely of Pasifika origin, who were infected by a particularly purulent strain of it ages ago, one of the flag-wavers for the “Jesus loves everyone except for everyone on this very long list who are all going to hell” brand of Christianity is Israel Folau, who was fired from his team for posting a social media thing stating “everyone on this very long list, starting with gay people, are going to hell”. (Well, that, and all the other bigoted things he had been very loudly doing for years.)

It got to the point where the government wanted to add a whole new set of anti-discrimination laws making it legal for him to do that because it would make Religion a new protected category taking priority over all the other protected categories like sex, gender presentation, sexual orientation, or disability.

That would be the same MPs who were involved in starting a whole unnecessary “referendum” basically asking the question “should gays be treated like people” and when the answer came back a resounding “yes” despite their best efforts, went back on their word and voted “no” or abstained at the eventual parliamentary vote. (Ireland needed a referendum because it required changing the constitution. Australia did not, because it was just a matter of reversing a piece of legislation which removed the ability for gay marriage that some still in the house had had a part in passing in the first place.)

And, yes, a lot of Australians are looking at this and wondering “why are you apologising to those meatheads?” Including Pasifika rugby players. (Like Frank Puletua)

7 Likes

“Hating LGBTQ people is an important part of my identity you’re not allowed to discrizimate against!”

5 Likes
3 Likes

Doris and I went to church once a week, usually Tuesday nights.

1 Like

They need to grow up, Stade Francais have been wearing pink for years:

When you’re built like a brick shit-house, you can wear whatever you like and never get any shit for it.

6 Likes

Fire them. Breach of contract probably.

2 Likes

Bear in mind the bigots play for a code notorious for having a bloke digitally penetrate several other players anuses multiple times during games and another who was filmed drinking his own urine during a 'celebration ’ night.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.