Hambone virtuoso

[Read the post]

1 Like

… is that a very young Jerry Seinfeld?

3 Likes

Or a young Prince William?

5 Likes

I prefer my hambone with a large side of eefing.

8 Likes

Looks like early-80’s or later from the model car in the background.

History of hambone or “pattin’ juba” is interesting.

2 Likes

Definitely a GM, I think a 1982 Buick Skylark (although the Chevy Impalas and Oldsmobile Cutlasses were near indistiguishable except for the badging)

2 Likes

Dang! At 0:40 he was starting to sound like the opening to “Hot For Teacher”. Amazing!

3 Likes

“Shot in North Carolina back in early 1990’s while visiting my brother”

• from the video description
5 Likes

According to Strider’s Journal

Samuel Hicks hails from North Carolina and was just doing the hambone in front of a relative’s video camera in the early 90s.

1 Like

Hah…jinx!

2 Likes

Wonderful! A case could be made for Eefing being the original human beat-box. Nothing new under the sun.

That’s either 1982 in Massachusetts, 1992 in North Carolina, or last week in Mississippi.

4 Likes

Here’s the Youtube video posted by Samuel’s brother:

Uploaded on Apr 23, 2007
This amazing Hambone performance by Samuel Hicks starts out at a normal pace and then increases in tempo to a blazing finish. Shot in North Carolina back in early 1990’s while visiting my brother. Enjoy

3 Likes

That is funny. Before I clicked into the comments I remarked to myself that he looked like a cross between Seinfeld and Prince William.

1 Like

I had no idea the hambone was real until I saw this video.

1 Like

Is there a tell all book about Hee Haw that’s ever been published? I’d love to read it…

1 Like

Hamboning will save your life some day!

My dad taught me to hambone as a kid, and he and I (and my uncle) would do three-man hambones at family gatherings for the amusement of all.

Unforuntately, hamboning on the school playground is not only considered uncool, it will get you labeled as “that weird leg slapping kid” for years. Fair warning.

3 Likes

Is that Charlie Callas?

Charlie must have been Max Headroom’s grandfather.