Hamill schools Boebert, reminding us why he’s the chosen one

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/24/hamill-schools-boebert-reminding-us-why-hes-the-chosen-one.html

8 Likes

I’ve been to multiple midnight showings of the Rocky Horror Picture Show and never saw any fellow attendees engage in that kind of thing. Even strip clubs usually prohibit such behavior.

17 Likes

In the same theatre and seat =

200w

11 Likes

Link to video (embedded in x.com link)

Edit:
Original Tiktok link

12 Likes

As I understand it, she did see an ending … a happy one. It just didn’t occur on-stage.

4 Likes

hamill might be more than a jedi. he might be a god.

6 Likes

Yitch! I don’t know that I have the courage to sit in that particular seat.
Talk about taking one for the team.

8 Likes

9 Likes

I thought Anakin was the chosen one?

4 Likes

“Carpetbagger” – thank you for calling her what she is. That term needs to be used more often. Also, Master Skywalker is called a master for a reason.

5 Likes

The term from the reconstruction era for people from the north who dared take jobs in rebuilding the south, derided by the local whites for doing things like teaching the newly-freed black people or encouraging them to run for office? Yeah, given that origin I’m ok with it dying out.

3 Likes

The term can also be defined as a white northern grifter come south, w/the aim of parting people from their money via their (often get-rich-quick) schemes. That aspect sure applies to grandmommy bobo, but I certainly can’t argue w/your desire to see the term die.

4 Likes

the historical origins are important, but let’s not ignore the accepted understood meaning since its inception, because it’s useful and apt in this context.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.