Handgun looks like a smartphone

You could argue she could kill (has killed?) a lot less people with a gun than she has with her blackberry.

5 Likes

3 Likes

“Who told you to shoot? Drop your weapons now!”

1 Like

I think I recall reading about that one a decade ago.

2 Likes

No kidding. Who needs a gun when you can use your influence to drop bombs.

3 Likes

Ah - that little guy is amazingly neat. And IIRC that was a Magpul prototype they were goofing around with.

They based it on the Russian PP-90 and the ARES FMG, though this one was built on the Glock.

As for the smart phone gun
 eh
 no. If I wanted to carry a gun, it wouldn’t be a .380 derringer.

Though I don’t see how this will affect anything in the field. Police already mistake all sorts of small black things for guns. You can pull a concealed gun with 15+ rounds in it faster than you could deploy that thing. This is a novelty that I doubt will succeed.

1 Like

Haha. Bravo.

I have a reproduction of the Gen 1 Megatron.

California, as usual, has their own much more restrictive laws.

Federally, the law on this is straightforward – If the firearm needs to be opened/folded/etc into a more-or-less gun shape, then there is no restriction under Federal law
 A firearm which still looks like a non-gun when it is ready to fire is restricted, requires registration and a one-time “Any Other Weapon” $5 tax stamp (This is one of the few cases where US law requires firearm registration).

The most common examples in both classes would be the “pen gun”.

3 Likes

This is hardly a new thing.

Fifty years ago a kid at school had a radio that unfolded to be a gun. Mattel made it. I think thy also made a camera that turned into a pistol.

Of course it was prime time for that sort of thing. I had “Secret Sam”, an attache case that could shoot plastic bullets, open it up and pull out the toy pistol that could be turned into a rifle by adding the barrel and stock.

1 Like

Who said she was a Lady?

2 Likes

I know nothing about guns - but it looks like it would take to long to get ready to use. Lord knows where it would end up in a purse. And I’d expect the clasp to get stuck when you tried to open it.

1 Like

and what’s the effective range of this thing? 10 yards?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I could manage to shoot myself at that range.

2 Likes

Must be Verizon Wireless.

11 Likes

It’s just a stock the G-18 drops into.

She’s got the Red Phone, and is ready to launch, but if anyone’s turned on by this please don’t tell me or I’ll cry.

14 Likes

What turns you on?

Suspicious about the reporting
 because you don’t think the gun actually exists? Or because
 why? Would you be less “suspicious” if it were reported like “cool tech”?
Right now, if a cop shoots someone saying “I thought they had a gun,” but they had a cellphone, the cops may be considered in the wrong and the family can sue. No more.

That which in any given situation constitutes the opposite of violence.

4 Likes

That was exactly the image that popped into my mind, very iconic.

1 Like