Handmade Japanese leather goldfish bags

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Awesome! Even more stylish than a 1940s armadillo purse (although considerably less compact).

4 Likes

What a koi design! :slightly_smiling:

ā€¦ Iā€™ll see myself outā€¦

4 Likes

So, apropos of my misreading of the headline, does anyone know about the feasibility of producing actual goldfish leather? Iā€™m not sure if the squamous membrane that passes for ā€˜skinā€™ would be sturdy enough; but Iā€™ve certainly never tried tanning a goldfish.

2 Likes

So can I get a celestial goldfish design?

1 Like

Are you sure that isnā€™t a cartesian carp? Generations of selective breeding for enhanced powers of introspection have left them with similarly curious eye orientation.

1 Like

Well when you perfect the process make sure to line it with something waterproof so that you can accommodate my misreading of the title an thus carry your goldfish with you.

2 Likes

And only $1400 US. Bargain! (shudder)

1 Like

It gets even cuter: ā€œkoiā€ is a homophone for love.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve run across fishskin leather plenty of times, but I donā€™t know if carp are ever used for it. I see no reason why you couldnā€™t, and carp get really, really big. Iā€™ve seen poor folks netting goldfish that weighed so much it took two people to drag the net out of the swamp.

OK, these guys say carp leather is totally legit.

1 Like

Surely ā€œI pour your tiny world into a vessel of the flayed skin of your conspecifics!ā€ might creep your goldfish out a bit?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.