Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 1)

I use cumin in a lot of things. It’s interesting that so many of items were listed because they added salt-Americans use way more salt in general than most other countries.

7 Likes

40” green onion seen at local Korean bodega.

11 Likes

That would be one hell of a big paejong!

7 Likes

They are great in pot dishes.

5 Likes

Normally don’t take photos of my food but our knockoff Egg McMuffins turned out well tonight.

The air fryer is perfect for eggs. A well greased ramekin or suffle cup makes the perfect size. The trick is to break the yoke before cooking. Don’t scramble just poke it a few times with a fork.

Toasted english muffin with cheese and some Canadian bacon and Mmmm.

7 Likes

In which I attempt a Focaccia.

For now it sleeps.

I will know if it functions in the morning.

8 Likes

They gave away my secret (coffee in chocolate cake)!

And cinnamon was my secret ingredient in chili (back when I could eat it, sigh, I miss peppers) because I grabbed it instead of chili powder, and didn’t realize til it was in the pot and I smelled it… I added double the amount of chili powder to “cover” the cinnamon, and everyone raved.

9 Likes

Cincinnati 5 way chili has always had cinnamon in it, because the guys who developed it were/are Greek and cinnamon is used in pastitsio.

6 Likes

I don’t know if this is already a thing in other countries, but Asahi has developed a beer can where the whole lid pops off to create a cup, and I think that this is figuratively the best thing since sliced bread.

10 Likes

Sicilian street food, wrap the onion in bacon, grill it over charcoal…

ryan reynolds drool GIF

8 Likes

Yeah, had more than a few in the UK, it’s good if you don’t have a glass and have a nice hoppy beer.

8 Likes

As beer and bread have gone together since time immemorial – thanks, yeast! – it’s a well-chosen phrase.

10 Likes

My Kickstarter reward is here!
A cast iron insert for a skillet or on top of a grill.
Hope to try it out this weekend.🫰🏼
Shown with my favorite US paper money.

11 Likes

The bread ended up bread!

Rare when I bake…

Had it for lunch with some friends. Some Kabanosi, prosciutto, pickles, and French sardines to go with.

10 Likes

Baking is not my forte, so Bravos to you!
Thank you for sharing.

5 Likes

It’s been mostly tightly sealed in the bottom of a chest freezer. It smells nice and crabby. Yea or nay?

6 Likes

I vote nay. I have no good scientific reason though.

5 Likes

What could go wrong? I say yea!

8 Likes

I go with yea, as long as it’s been frozen. Bring it to a boil and taste it.

9 Likes

It’s not like stock can get freezer burned.

6 Likes