Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

11 Likes

I baked at 375 for about 20 min. YMMV.

ETA: I haven’t tasted yet, but for appearance and aroma, I’m giving myself a 10/10.

13 Likes

Feels Good Smoking GIF by Sacramento Kings

/S

6 Likes

I could do that, too. It is legal in NJ now, and there’s a dispensary just a couple miles away.

5 Likes

Hungry Chef GIF by Rosanna Pansino

They look amazing! Good work!

We’re gonna cook a bit later, so I’ll let you know how my version comes out.

6 Likes

I would let them bake a little longer than I did. They’re delicious, but a little doughy on the inside. I should also have made them a little smaller. But they do taste like my mom’s. That part I got right.

10 Likes

Thank goodness for apostrophes.

5 Likes

My mom is a retired English teacher. She would be horrified on multiple levels had I omitted that apostrophe.

6 Likes

My fiancée outdid herself with our celebration yesterday. Kleftiko (Lamb) and meat pies (one cabbage). I did the green beans. Two years ago I did all the cooking. Now she has taken over and revels in it.

14 Likes

What a wonderful spread! Looks delicious!

10 Likes

5 Likes

Basque cheesecake made by my GF, and apple pie.

13 Likes

Here are mine! Excellent! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have it in my own recipe book now…

18 Likes

They taste just like I remember, too, so it made for a very nostalgic Thanksgiving dinner for me. I’m glad you liked them.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

Best Friends Hug GIF

11 Likes

IMG_0937

I present, one tender and flaky apple pie.

I couldn’t believe how well this turned out when I cut into the test pie. I figured I must have offended the Pie Gods in a past life or something and was prepared to admit defeat and just buy a pie, but my third test pie and final pie came out great, albeit a little rustic.

Thank you @BakerB for the dough ratios.

16 Likes

Aforementioned cheesecake. Not much left!

Made with whipped cream, cream cheese, canned pineapple, pineapple yogurt, pineapple jello, with digestive cookie base and topped with raspberries (from the garden!)

14 Likes

My wife and daughter put on their masks and Tyvek suits to meet up for a little shopping, she left me alone with pie.

It’s okay to have pumpkin pie for breakfast and than apple pie for dessert, right?

9 Likes

“Apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze.” :smiley:

I did not bake this. I had a quiet holiday and my sister brought me leftovers last night. And she kindly tucked some cheddar into the container. And yes, I am having this last bit for breakfast.

If you ask me, apple pie with cheese is just a sweet version of the ”ploughman’s lunch”. The crust stands in for the bread, the cheese=the cheese, and the spiced apple filling stands in for the Branston Pickle. :slight_smile: You can’t go wrong!

9 Likes

If blueberry pancakes with maple syrup is acceptable for breakfast, I don’t see why pie wouldn’t be.

8 Likes