Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Hmm. How about just straight shots of Everclear until you black out? Get it? Black out? Eh? (Sorry, recovering alcoholics have twisted senses of humor surrounding alcohol)

14 Likes

hmm…
start with tequila sunrise, move on to a dark and stormy, followed by a couple of espresso martinis (because they arr dark and, as @danimagoo rightly points out, lead to a quick blackout).
but enough of my bar menu for the day. let’s hear from other, more sensible mixologists out there.

11 Likes

A martini with one small olive below a bigger olive, such that the smaller olive disappears when you drink it?

8 Likes

9e7632132f19855a7758f48a085ad207_w200

(The theme is “blacking out”, right?)

10 Likes

A friend of mine posted the following on Facebook. It’s both funny and ingenious.
Screenshot 2024-04-05 133638

15 Likes

Not a peep of complaints to be had

13 Likes

I had no idea what to make for breakfast, when I realized, without planning it at all, that I had everything ready in the fridge to make tacos.

Mmm.

10 Likes

that’s an awesome breakfast! i do rice, beans and tortillas about 3 times a week. not quite tacos, but a good start to the day!
now i think i’ll throw a pork shoulder into the slow cooker and mak carnitas! that will make some breakfast tacos by monday morning!

8 Likes

Californian Wasabi?

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/bay-area-half-moon-bay-wasabi-19380077.php?utm_content=cta&sid=53bafe9a9dbcd4ea1d00013c&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=roundup&utm_campaign=sfgt%20|%20the%20daily&stn=nf

10 Likes

Spaghetti al limone. This time I swapped the butter for fresh milk cream.

19 Likes

Very cool. It is an hydroponic farm! I always thought, or at leat it was I was told, wasabi only could be cultivated in cold gentle mountain streams.

[Wasabi Roots [Nagano] - JAPAN FROM ABOVE: UP CLOSE (youtube.com)]

[WASABI - Trails to Oishii Tokyo | NHK WORLD-JAPAN]

[The Wasabi You Eat Probably Isn’t Wasabi (youtube.com)]

9 Likes

Yeah, I was surprised to see a link to California.

Of course there are a bunch of farms growing it here in Ireland because… actually it would be great if it really took off and was used as part of managing certain kinds of wetlands and persuading people to return them to wet or leave them wet.

9 Likes

They could preserve the peat bogs and make some money with Wasabi. Maybe they could export It to all over Europe.

8 Likes

I really want to try fresh wasabi some day

Isn’t there an existing cocktail called an Eclipse?

Some of these look interesting

7 Likes

My daughter had this today:

“Total Eclipse”

• Buffalo trace
  • black raspberry liqueur
  • lime juice
  • cranberry juice

Garnish with orange and mint

Pretty tasty!

ETA: almost identical to the recipe described above. Derp

12 Likes

Good to know it was tasty! It sucks to get all the stuff for a new recipe and it isn’t any good

8 Likes

Make Ireland mois​t again?

10 Likes

Cmon, they just got it dried out…

9 Likes

Different ecosystem to grow these in. Bogs are really acidic and have a very particular set of plants. But there are many kinds of wetlands we need to preserve. Not least because…

This has been the wettest March on record. Climate change has hit and it means the pastoral farming expansion of recent decades needs to be rolled back with wetlands rewilded to prevent very regular flooding all across the country.
Warmer, stormier, wetter winters on the way.

11 Likes

Thank you for a wonderful article!
IMG_6101

3 Likes