Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

It was the best of times, it was the wurst of times….

8 Likes

Is there a heretofore unknown Currywurst pocket centered on Wuppertal?

Maybe the cutoff line at the north of the map is the currywurst front?

7 Likes

Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

5 Likes

I have two of Yotam’s cook books, though i must confess i have yet to make anything from them :frowning: I need to be better about going through my misc cookbooks. But i have heard high praise for the recipes from the books.

8 Likes

& @Doctor_Faustus

Gelbwurst mit gruen or GTFO!

Dan Levy Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes
3 Likes

I love a Gelbwurst, and mit Grün ist better than ohne, without a doubt. But we can’t open a new front in this war, so I suggest keeping it to warm foods.

6 Likes

Hear, hear!

2 Likes

It is, after all, the food of Angels.

p6rr87

And arguably the epitome of post-war Germany.

10 Likes

Totally home-spun tray of strawberry rhubarb turnovers.

13 Likes

Happy Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

12 Likes

ezgif.com-animated-gif-maker (8)

8 Likes

We made rhubarb ‘pie’ a couple nights ago. Rhubarb was not something I liked as a child, but I’ve grown to really like it. Especially because it’s not too sweet, as most pies in the U.S. are.

It was made by one of our Swedish teachers, so she called it pie, but those of us from the U.S. told her that we would consider it to be a crumble. Which honestly worked better than a 2-crust pie would have, especially with having to divide it by about 25 people.

What do you have against rhubarb, you heathen you?!

12 Likes

Nothing effective, apparently.

11 Likes

Probably annoyed that Barbara’s bar serves rhubarb pie to barbarians, and their barbers

15 Likes

I think it’s a pretty underappreciated ingredient for baked goods here in the US. Strawberry rhubarb pie is one of my top faves

11 Likes

Rhubarb is the spring GOAT. Especially here in the high latitudes where pretty much nothing else grows that belongs onto a cake or pie until berry season in autumn.

15 Likes

I’m in Sweden, so….yeah!

12 Likes

I have relatives near Stockholm, been once and had an immensely great time. Food was very good :slight_smile: shame i didn’t think to try rhubarb there but i don’t believe it was in season anyway. Would really like to go back and visit some smaller towns.

8 Likes

My grandma’s strawberry-rhubarb pie was amazing! I used to eat rhubarb right from the garden (rinsed at the hose) when we would visit her. Yum!

10 Likes