Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

I’ve always been curious if the rock crab claws compared with stone crab. Guess I need to go crabbing!

5 Likes

4 Likes

Fresh cashews. I don’t know any recipes with this delicious pseudo fruit, so I decided to make a refreshing juice.

16 Likes

is the bit on the top the cashew nut?

7 Likes

Yes. If I want to eat it, I must roast it first.

I never tried roasting the nuts before. But once I put int into a vase and them a small plant bloomed.

14 Likes

in Belize, they make a tart and potent wine with the fleshy part of the cashew.

tried it in Corazal Town. real treat.

edit: that first link was not safe. so sorry. glad i checked it out!

13 Likes

In the Northeastern Brazil they make a soda called Cajuína.

10 Likes

Spicy language, and funny:

6 Likes

Gave these a try tonight. Pretty good, but boy, did I screw up the timing with the rest of dinner. Prep and initial fry took longer than I expected.

Fried the layer with garlic and rosemary.

11 Likes

Had this problem this morning:

3 Likes

Some Farmers Market finds today:

14 Likes

Those are some beautiful heirlooms!

9 Likes

Stuff leaches, though, not leeches?

Stuffed leeches sounds like an AI recipes.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Wow! But, so hard to find in the US, in my town at least. :expressionless:

7 Likes

When I was a kid mustard and cress shoots were really popular. Like in the late 70s early 80s. People grew them on wet paper on plates.
I barely remember it but I’m sure I do so I’m sure you can still get the seeds.

Micro salads got cool again about 30 years later!

13 Likes

I’d see it once in a while at the grocery in the suburb where I grew up, but never at the one near here.

6 Likes

Publix has Italian prune plums, the closest I can get to Zwetschgen, so this is in progress on this tropically rainy day

14 Likes

Plum buns, perhaps?

7 Likes

Made these for dinner last night-excellent! Grilled Arayes With Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe | Epicurious
I did use half beef and half lamb for the filling. If you used a mini pita they would be great on a buffet. The cucumbers stayed nice and crunchy too.

6 Likes