Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Before baking

After baking

[quote=“milliefink, post:4739, topic:220362, full:true”]
Plum buns, perhaps?
[/quote] Not quite
Zwetschgenkuchen, kinda. It should be baked on a sheet pan (am Blech), the Italian prune plums are close but not quite, and my yeast dough had a more vigorous oven spring than it should have. Dollop of whipped cream (Schlagsahne) and yum!

I’ll freeze two of them for later.

14 Likes

I miss Zwetschgenkuchen mit Schlagsahne in late summer! Yours looks amazing!

11 Likes

Usually in stock at Lotte near me, some of the other Asian grocery stores as well.

4 Likes

6 Likes

(Fridge magnet at the house where I was cat sitting this weekend.)

(They really should put it on the door of the freezer!)

14 Likes

11 Likes

What a jerk

5 Likes

Inarizushi. I totally forgot the abura-age in the refrigerator and it was about to expire. I ran to the kitchen and made this fried tofu sushi with leftover rice and sesame seeds for dinner.

13 Likes

We LOVE inari nigiri in our family! Looks yummy!

11 Likes

Indeed. I was craving for this sushi for a long time.

10 Likes

So cute!

8 Likes

Give Me Wow GIF by Wahala Room

7 Likes

Some time ago, I got hip to champagne what has Actual Gold Flakes {food grade, ofc} in:

Pure clarse, innit.

I’ve read that the bottle should be held horizontally and V gently rotated before opening and pouring, so the gold flakes are well-distributed.

9 Likes

clears throat

Ah… late teens/early 20s… those were the days! Living in luxury!

9 Likes

I had a shot of that once, at a bar on Cass Ave here in lovely Detroit. So ahem brilliant when you have a cold.

Bet Bärenjäger is, too.

ETA: I have never tried any of those sparkly champagnes, just saw the pics.

7 Likes

Indeed! Much gold, so cinnamony!

7 Likes

Is there decent ready-to-use dashi?
Powdered vs concentrate vs boxed?

6 Likes

clears throat

This is the 16th century original Goldschläger copied

8 Likes
7 Likes

I live in a little bitty midwest town, that still has the old mill and farm supply, really maga red too. There is a taco truck based in the nearby midsize city, that would come to town once a week or every other week. This was a real taco truck the good stuff, not a knock-off bland version.

It was so popular that they bought a trailer to leave here, so our town of less than 2000 people has a taco truck 6 days a week, thanks Lalo! This place is full of “go back to where you came from” types, but they still appreciate a quality taco and an enormous burrito. It feels very much like progress! and tastes like birria or carne asada :smiley:

8 Likes