Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Breakfast burrito, veggie version

2 eggs beaten with a tb or so of milk
Diced onions
Diced bell pepper
Cheese
Sour cream
Flour tortilla

Sauté onions and peppers to taste
Add egg mixture and cook like an omelette
Put cheese on top of omelette
Sour cream on top of cheese
Microwave tortilla for 10 seconds
Put tortilla on top of omelette

Very carefully. . . Place hand on tortilla and lift pan. Flip pan over so tortilla is in hand. Roll, eat.

It’s no crème brûlée, but after 3-4 hours of yard work, it’s a filling breakfast. Obviously, add other fillings to taste.

12 Likes

You’ve just confessed to not knowing about iCarly! (I envy you.)

6 Likes

I know people enjoy cooking. Some even cater happily for households like ours, which for most of the past two decades contained at least one vegetarian, someone who hated cooked vegetables and others who wouldn’t eat eggs, cheese or mashed potato. Those people view it as a fun, nurturing challenge, rather than a Venn diagram devised by Satan.

10 Likes

With mom aging her tastes have changed, and her appetite. I have to balance cooking what I want to with how to make it so that mom will at least eat some of it. She eats very small amounts so eating out leaves me overloaded with take-out containers of stuff she wanted at the moment she ordered it, but was less interested in when it arrived.
I fully understand just stepping away from the stove and fridge, at least for a while. I suspect most of us burned out on cooking, etc. at least once since 2020.

9 Likes

Classic southern italian thing, butter a big dish, drop in half left over pasta. layer of sliced boiled egg, chunks of cheese, grated parmesan, pieces of mortadella, layer of pasta, cover with more grated parmesan, bake until crispy on top, bingo, another meal.

7 Likes

Mmmmm, tempting! I’m just making our menu for the week and have been looking for a way to use up an eggplant, one last ear of corn that we let sit all week, and a red bell pepper.
I’m tempted to do some variation of this:

Because it would require nothing more than what we have on hand. I’m saving your linked recipes for next week, though!

8 Likes

Thanks. This casserole looks yummy. I will try It soon.

You can make lasagna with eggplant. Just use It as pasta.

Or moussaka:

11 Likes

You cats are making so many cool things this weekend.
Here I am shucking favas.

11 Likes

Seen at Farmers market today.
Clone War Tomatoes!

13 Likes

killer tomatoes cult movies GIF by absurdnoise

George Clooney Text GIF by Arrow Video

8 Likes

What are your plans?

6 Likes

Oh, yes, I love that! I’ve done it a couple ways, breaded and baked then layered, or roasted (edit: I meant to say grilled) and layered. Both are delicious.

Casserole is in the oven. I’ll report back!

10 Likes

Tell GIF by Grease Live

Cheese! There are a lot of cheese in that recipe. Is it what you call comfort food?

10 Likes

Panko breaded fish, moyashi salad with carrots and radish, tartar sauce, chimichurri sauce and American beer.

I still have to learn how to use the Airfryer.

13 Likes

The favas are going into a Greek salad.

7 Likes

Tell GIF by Grease Live

5 Likes
16 Likes

I just laughed out loud.

8 Likes

But is it a sandwich!?!

11 Likes

I don’t know. I just can’t stop… looking at it.

13 Likes