Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Sticky rice steamed in banana leaves are an awesome part of several country’s cuisines.

9 Likes

I choose to think of them as “Frenchiladas,” and will def post pics when I make some :wink:

8 Likes

Hopefully that’s mango I see there?!

4 Likes

pretty sure it has any/all of the following:
mushroom, peanut, boiled egg yolk, lap xuong sausages.
i know that’s how i likes me some sticky rice
for breakfast!

8 Likes

Those are fine, sure, but I’m guessing you’ve never had mango sticky rice, then!

5 Likes

not at the dim sum place.
Thai restaurant, you bet!

6 Likes

For corn bread, I like the less sweet, less cake-like varieties, but with a crispy nuttiness. Leaning into nuttiness, I dropped the wheat flour, and have been going for recipes that are half corn meal, half almond flour. Has come out well.

Used this recipe, but just one Tbsp honey, and a bit less butter.Healthy Almond Flour Cornbread

11 Likes
5 Likes

Whether this is funny or not is neither here nor there; what really annoys me is that the alcohol content is to low to use it as an accelerant or firebomb anyway.

8 Likes

“…and now the curtains are just damp. One star; would not recommend”

9 Likes

Yeah, not exactly m​o​i​s​turizer, but…

5 Likes

I have a list of things that will cause me to start drinking again, that almost made it.

3 Likes

My little aero garden is cranking out the dill

So for this week’s menu I looked specifically for recipes to use a bunch up. (I’ve already been drying it and have enough for a year!)
I made this last night:

With roasted new potatoes on the side. It came out really good!

13 Likes

That sounds wonderful!

7 Likes

It was! The marinade really came through. And the creamy dill sauce was perfect for both the salmon and the potatoes.
I also read about infusing vodka with dill for martinis, but haven’t tried that yet.
So. Much. Dill.

5 Likes

Dillightful!
:wink:

7 Likes

Think pickles!

7 Likes

Not homemade, but had to share Pic from my tradition of hitting Sally’s apizza for my birthday dinner… So good!

12 Likes

Yum! And happy birthday!
What are the toppings?

5 Likes

“red pie with mootz”, fresh tomato white pie and the fabulous sliced potato and rosemary white pie…

8 Likes