Happy New Year

For the next couple o days!

12 Likes

from

24 Likes

People lining up to make their first pilgrimage of the new year at Ikuta Shrine, Kobe around 15 minutes after midnight on January 1st, 2023.

13 Likes

Does anyone have BBS specific resolutions for the New Year?

9 Likes

I resolve to survive 2023 & still be on the BBS in 2024!

20 Likes

and a happier, more informed BBS it will be with your continued input!
fortunate returns of the day to all the Happy Mutantsā„¢.
happy new year!

12 Likes

And with yours! Happy New Years wishes to my friend in the Conch Republic!!!

11 Likes

Iā€™ve been working with the idea of training myself to read through the bbs comments more quickly, though I havenā€™t formulated an actual resolution yet.

(Well, ā€œmore quicklyā€ is a misuse of words. Iā€™m not even on the Quickly Scale in terms of reading. I spend copious amounts of time here, yet never get to half of the topicsā€¦On the plus side, I guess you could say I savor what I do read. Thereā€™s so much to learn from people here!)

15 Likes

Funny, cause I was thinking I need to do the opposite and slow down a bit! :smile:

Thanks for sharing!

11 Likes

Better bookmark management is my goal. Iā€™m a procrastinator, so I wind up resetting the dates more often than not.

[Looks at list pushing 40 entries, only 15 of which are linked to seasonal/holiday content]
:grimacing:

ETA: We might not have fireworks in Philly because of heavy rain in the forecast, so Iā€™m checking out other shows around the world:

9 Likes

Thatā€™s a great goal, too! My own bookmarks could use some cleaning up, too!

9 Likes

Happy Irish New Year! @robertmckenna @Mercenary_Garage

14 Likes

Happy new year from Scotland and the UTC time zone!

Best wishes for 2023 for all my BBS friends.

16 Likes

ā€¦ twelve hours left of 2022 ā€œanywhere on earthā€

11 Likes

This is via my dad who was working on NYE arrangements. (We opted for a takeout lasagna.) Names & places redactedā€¦

17 Likes

Happy new years from Iceland, where the locals make American 4th of July festivities look like amateur hour. All the best for ā€˜23, mutants.

14 Likes

Happy New Year, fellow mutants!

@Mindysan33 - great question. I hadnā€™t thought of a bbs-specific resolution but now that Iā€™m thinking of it, I want to be better about asking for clarification on posts. If something comes across as insulting, but is at all ambiguous, I want to force myself to reread before responding, and ask for clarification if warranted. Iā€™m hoping to go a little easier on myself in 2023, and I think going easier on other people will be good practice.
Of course, if someone is being an unapologetic jagweed, they will still get a full serving of smack down with a side of snark. Donā€™t want to go too soft, after all. :wink:

15 Likes

ā€¦ eight hours left :clock4:

4 Likes

Happy New Year.

Is anyone watching Miley and Dolly?

Some of the music is definitely not my cup of tea but David Byrne just did David Bowieā€™s Letā€™s Dance with Miley.

Good stuff and I canā€™t believe Iā€™m still awake.

9 Likes

Obligs:

ogden nash new years poem

I wish all of us a happier, safer, kinder, more prosperous New Year in 2023!

12 Likes