Harris gains "massive advantage" among "double-haters" in new presidential poll 

Originally published at: Harris gains "massive advantage" among "double-haters" in new presidential poll  - Boing Boing

5 Likes

Ah, finally a name for the people who would have gladly let fascists turn our country into a theocratic dictatorship if Biden had remained the candidate. I still don’t understand or respect them (I get not being excited about Biden, really I do, but to the point of not voting?!), but I’m relieved his stepping down has successfully energized them into participating in our democracy.

23 Likes

“Double-haters” sounds like a term cooked up by Trump.

10 Likes

The only subset of “double-haters” I can kind of understand is the “uncommitted” movement trying to pressure Democrats to take action to end the genocide in Gaza.

Even in that case, if they actually follow through on their threat not to vote blue it will ultimately mean even worse results from a humanitarian perspective.

9 Likes

What I heard from another interview with a pollster was that the biggest gains for Harris wasn’t among people who could “barely stand” voting for one candidate or another. It was among people who previously were likely to sit out this election entirely, and are now more motivated to show up. I guess they could also be referred to as “double haters” but maybe a term like “unmotivated potential voters” would be more accurate.

Not that anyone should have needed additional motivation to vote against fascism in this election, but that’s where we are/were.

11 Likes

You mean to tell me that if this were a ranked-choice voting situation, a significant cohort would put Harris down for #1, Trump in #2, but Biden as #3?!

“i feel like I’m taking crazy pills”

ETA, come to think of it, perhaps it makes sense given the way the media portrays Biden compared to Trump

10 Likes

I guess that Double Haters are going to double hate. Don’t they realize that they have to vote blue as if their lives depend on it?

2 Likes

And then there is the person in this true story a friend of my wife’s told on social media:

The friend is a super progressive woman who lives in a deep red southern state. She was wearing a t-shirt with “Harris Walz” on it in a very psychedelic, though very readable, font. Whilst the friend was out and about, a woman saw her shirt and said to her, “Harris Walz … is that a dance team?” The friend very nicely replied, “No, those are the Democratic candidates for president and vice president this November.” The woman then went on to tell the friend how much she enjoyed dancing.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.