Kamala Harris beats Trump in first major poll since Biden dropped out

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/24/kamala-harris-beats-trump-in-first-major-poll-since-biden-dropped-out.html

14 Likes

Kamala Dancing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

23 Likes

Good sign, but probably still inside the margin of error, so let’s not get complacent and make sure we all get out and vote in November (or mail in ballot by whatever your state’s deadline is)

29 Likes

In her Wisconsin Speech, she stated “We are not going back”. I hope this will be the campaign slogan to go against “Make America Great Again Again” or whatever it is now. I loved that.

11 Likes

When adding Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to the mix, Harris jumped further ahead, with 42% to Trump’s 38% — and RFK Jr. trailing at 8%.

Please run, JFK jr; your country needs you.

23 Likes

FFS, does no one understand what “margin or error” means!?!

11 Likes

Sure.

images

28 Likes

These numbers are just fantastic and show that a hell of a lot of people feel like it’s time to dig in and do the work instead of looking backward:

I like this passage: People aren’t this enthusiastic in a vacuum: Democrats have been enthusiastic about wanting to be enthusiastic for so long, and now they’re finally able to be. The feeling of pure relief cannot be understated as a motivating factor for voters.

11 Likes

We need her coattails too. We need to keep the Senate and take the House back.

19 Likes

Let the ketchup fly!

11 Likes

Let’s kick his convicted ass. Metaphorically.

6 Likes

Good, but always keep fighting like you’re three points down.

21 Likes

big wave surfing fall GIF

11 Likes

I have a feeling that this will be literal when he is incarcerated considering how effective the USSS has been.

3 Likes

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

9 Likes

Thanks to the inability to keep their foul racist/sexists mouths shut, MAGAts are practically guaranteeing a large black voter turnout. Something that was worrisome with Biden.

16 Likes

It sure seems the foot-stompers are fading into irrelevance at lightning speed, so I would expect those coat-tails to be substantial if the trend of enthusiasm continues. And it should!

7 Likes

A crosspost from one of the other threads about Harris…

7 Likes

The lead should widen when Vance starts flapping his gums. IMO, he’s going to make Sarah Palin look like a good choice.

15 Likes

Way to soon to be talking about trends, but you’ve got to think that there are a shit-ton of potential voters who were leery about Biden but appalled by Trump. That’s got to be a good thing.

10 Likes