Harsh but funny way to get your neighbors to turn down their music

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/25/harsh-but-funny-way-to-get-you.html

9 Likes

We’re on 5 acres in Joshua Tree, so I doubt anyone can hear the Hendrix at 10 k decibels.

20 Likes

Sigh. Yes, trying to love my neighbor, even the one who pressure-washed all five of his cars starting at 6am this morning…

12 Likes

Hey, @knoxblox? Isn’t this a problem?

7 Likes

I’m glad we have local codes against that sort of thing, and wish commercial equipment wasn’t excluded from the regulations. It’s impossible to sleep in during peak lawn over-mowing and leaf blowing (before half of them have fallen from the trees) seasons. Landscaping companies are the worst source of noise in the neighborhood.

10 Likes

I’ll give him “clever” but I won’t give him “funny”. That song was terrible in all ways. Also, maybe give your neighbors a break? Put on some headphones for awhile. It’s not like it was the middle of the night. We’re all trying to get through this.

Edit: Yeah, okay, if it started at 6am that’s sort of a problem…

2 Likes

22 Likes

Obligatory-ish xkcd:

13 Likes

But that’s not how bluetooth works? If he’s able to connect he obviously knows the neighbors well enough to have connected to their speaker before with legit pairing. I know, I know I’m ruining the hilarious illusion. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Roommate seems more likely, and maybe more palatable, since they know each other. Who wrote the headline?

I was woken up by someone using a hammer drill today.

To be fair it was 2PM though…

7 Likes

It says “10:19” on the computer screen.

It was quiet in my apt for about 5 years, and about a year ago I got two new neighbors and both are too loud and smoke too much weed. :frowning:

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 12 hours unless flagged)

9 Likes

I guess that depends on who you ask tho, dunnit?

1 Like

It is, but it’s mainly car stereos and rockolas (stereo, amp, and speaker combos). Then there’s the issue of possible retaliation because there is very little respect for the law/police in Tijuana.

6 Likes

Look, I really don’t care what people do. But I do not like the smell. And for whatever reason, every time they light up it comes in strong.

So yeah, if you ask me once is too much because I really don’t like it. I guess it isn’t their fault that the apts aren’t air tight :confused:

If it didn’t affect me, they could smoke it 24/7, go on with your bad selfs.

An apartment neighbor was routinely too loud with their music. (Worse, they had terrible taste in what they played)

Walking out to the laundry room one day, I noticed that the breaker box for the building was mounted on an exterior wall, not locked in any way, and had a handy set of labels for each apartment. Next time the music got too loud, I just went out and flipped his power off. It took a few times, but he eventually caught the hint.

17 Likes

Now THAT’S passive aggressive! Well done.

9 Likes