Harvey Milk's "Hope" speech is worth a revisit today

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/09/harvey-milks-hope-speech.html

6 Likes

Hell yeah! Thanks @AndreaJames

Also good is Wendell Berry’s The Peace of Wild Things for those feeling especially rocked.

3 Likes

needed this. thank you. but i’m gonna need a bit of time before i rally to fight. right now i’m processing the magnitude of what just happened.

6 Likes

Today we mourn. My heart is broken. I fear for the future. I fear for the children who have to live though this.

9 Likes

Thanks, we needed that. Bigtime…

3 Likes

I have a certain faith that Trump will be a pretty bad President, arguing with his own party and cabinet, trying to overstep his powers, getting frustrated with the way our government actually works according to the Constitution. Probably his own followers won’t care until his policies hit them in the wallet, and then the old refrain “it’s the economy, stupid” will make a comeback.

Mr. Jilly and I watched a sunset tonight on the front porch. He hugged me close and said, “It will be okay.” I don’t know if that’s true. But I liked him holding me and telling me so.

10 Likes

I think you mean “bigly.”

3 Likes

Today we mourn. Tomorrow we act. Tomorrow we act to protect those who tyrants will trample. Tomorrow we act to preserve our environment. Tomorrow we act to make this world a better, more tolerant place. We make it be a better place for those who will come after us.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.