Harvey Weinstein, prison Milk Duds smuggler

Originally published at: Harvey Weinstein, prison Milk Duds smuggler | Boing Boing

7 Likes

“milk duds”

A fitting epithet to this filthy scumbag.

14 Likes

Yes, he is sorry. A sorry excuse for a human being.

13 Likes

What is with these fools making statements wherein they self-access these things? “I’m a model inmate,” “I’m not a bigot,” “I’m a very stable genius.” Gah!

14 Likes

I assume he’d eaten the decent part of his care package and all that was left was milk duds.

2 Likes

And fuck the linked article. It’s not until the 3rd paragraph from the bottom that we get to “he’s a rapist.” The headline and the rest of the article are borderline sympathetic.

11 Likes

Harvey Weinstein is a piece of human garbage, but with my limited internet-commenting resources, I’m gonna have to go with prison is a fucking bizarre mess on this one.

4 Likes

He probably keister stashed 'em.

5 Likes

Curiously, there is a perfect place on(in) the human body to smuggle a candy that size, shape and color. . . .

Just saying. . .

3 Likes

Yeah, that tracks. Or perhaps… tracts?

3 Likes

Fuck Weinstein, but also fuck the American carceral system. Why shouldn’t prisoners be able to have candy?

3 Likes

Yeah, that was my thought. After watching too much Larry Lawton on YouTube, I wondered how he got them past the guards… and are those really “Milk Duds”? O_o

Larry Lawton explaining suitcasing with CNN Brooke Baldwin 52 seconds | 23 |

Larry Lawton

1 Like

News Flash. Prisons have stupid rules. More at eleven.

2 Likes

They may not ban all candies. May depend on what (via packaging or candy type) are amenable to drug smuggling.

3 Likes

I’d like to see the prison justify why policing what candy people eat is legitimate.

2 Likes

It may be that his lawyer gave them directly to him, instead of presenting them to the guards to check the box for contraband, such as a phone.

1 Like

3 Likes

Ooh! I can answer this! (a college friend was a shrink at Folsom prison for a good while, and gave us a thick ass book with all the stuff that prisoners can buy from the commissary/shop [most of which is pretty mundane, some of which is just weird])

Candy itself is not verboten, but it is by the type. Weirdly, you can have both chocolate and you can have caramels, but anything that would be a mixture doesn’t seem to be on the list. You can have Jolly Ranchers though, and I bet that I could make a single use shank out of a bunch of them, so I don’t really parse what the logic is of what is and what isn’t allowed.

5 Likes

Maybe some of the rules are based on actual events. From news reports and stories, it seems that incarceration spurs incredible creativity and skillful problem-solving in many areas of prison life.

5 Likes

Homer Simpson Eating GIF

4 Likes