Smugglers toss weed and BBQ chicken wings over prison fence

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/10/smugglers-toss-weed-and-bbq-chicken-wings-over-prison-fence.html

3 Likes

“10 cans of snuff”

“Though, sorely doth I feel the lack of a good nosefull of snuff; what vexes me most is the scarcity of Bluetooth Headphones.”

10 Likes

But no rock hammer and poster of Raquel Welch, huh?

10 Likes

Dang, these items are not available through the commissary (at exorbitant markup)?

2 Likes

Assuming it’s not just a meth base, the cold medicine makes me the saddest.

4 Likes

Gotta go through Red for those items.

2 Likes

So it was more like Santa Claus, footballs of hot items for random people?

Or were the smugglers counting on the goodness of people to ensure the items were delivered to the rightful recipients?

Or maybe the strength of enforcers?

But it would seem the Grinch had his way, and the warden got the goods. They were orobably stolen in the first place.

1 scale

Wait, what? Does it go with the 4lbs of pot, or the aftereffects of eating the chicken wings?

5 Likes

11932160_gal

15 Likes

That’s my guess. I thought it was very thorough of them, and wonder if they also sent some baggies.

I hope there were a bunch more footballs that the guards didn’t find that can spread some cheer around that place for the inmates.

3 Likes

My kinda party.

1 Like

If nothing inside the football is illegal, is it a crime (beyond littering) to toss stuff into prisons?

1 Like

On snuff,

Switching from cigarettes to snuff would substantially reduce the risk of lung cancer, bronchitis, emphysema, and possibly coronary heart disease as well

Seems like prisons should consider selling snuff in the commissary, for their health. Doing that would be a major hit to the black market for cigarettes. Obviously not everyone would want to switch, I find snuff extremely unpleasant to use, but a permitted alternative does take a lot of power away from those profiting from contraband.

2 Likes

Any time I see a BIG BUST, HYOOGE SEIZURE!!! I assume that 95% made it past them. LEOs and “Corrections” officers love to crow about this shit as if they’ve put an end to crime forever, but in reality they just got lucky.

4 Likes

I’m having trouble understanding why any of these items are a problem given that they are for sale at your local convince store. Maybe the lighters, but I don’t see shiv material aside from the snuff tins and no firearms.

Perhaps we can treat incarcerated individuals with respect and give them access to daily comforts that they will eventually be able to enjoy again sans-football?

1 Like

See, this is why we need to call for full, federal legalization of chicken wings nationwide.

4 Likes

Yes. Yes it is.

2 Likes

“What’s the problem? I was just throwing out these crowbars, lockpick kits, metal files, and various chemicals that may or may not be combined to make an explosive substance. In footballs. Over this prison fence. I’m not really seeing the crime here.”

2 Likes

I want to live in your neighborhood! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

MA. Legal.

EDIT: not 4 lbs.

Side note: why the heck are we here in the US still using lbs and not mg, g, kg? I keep telling my kiddos to ignore the “oz” and use proper measurements, but everything in their favorite cookbooks is in the other silly measurement system.

1 Like