Have you ever had sex in your Comic-Con costume?

And they should DEFINITELY be yelled at by bats.

So does the body paint rub off? I mean do people get teased with obvious evidence - Gee She-Hulk I did not know Silver Surfer was your type?

You people realize that almost certainly the people they interviewed for this segment were 1) aware of the nature of the questions before the take was recorded that we’re seeing here and 2) consented to have the footage aired knowing full well what the content would consist of, right?

Now’s here where I blow your minds and inform you that the Kiss Cam on the big board at sporting events is also staged.

And the ketchup/mustard/relish race is DETERMINED IN ADVANCE.

And REALITY TV is not in fact REAL despite having the word “reality” in its genre name!

I’m going to be the only one that will side with you. Now I agree with everyone else that any negative attention was brought on by the guy(s), drunk or not, that behavior is not acceptable. At the same time I can easily see how wearing something like that when not at the beach while attending a themed event could make you more the center of focus. I realize people are bashing about how the world really is, but isn’t that the reality of it? Yes I don’t want it to be like that either, and if presented with this situation I’d try and help smooth things out, but it’s not. The world is not a friendly place where I can walk down the street at 3am without the increased potential of being assaulted. Yes I can do my part to help it be safer, but it doesn’t change overnight, or years, at best maybe decades and generations. I regret that a small percentage of men make all the rest of us seem so bad.

1 Like

I’ve been interviewed a few times (not by shows as prominent as the Jimmy Kimmel show by any means but local news, morning shows, etc) and I never had to sign or approve of anything beyond “Hey there wanna answer a few questions?” “Uh okay, yeah!”. At least one time, the live interview went quite differently than what I had been prepared for. I ended up feeling like an inarticulate idiot and pretty embarrassed but it didn’t have anything to do with my sex/personal life so no big deal.

So I do hope that you are right about these people having consented to every part of this exchange- and all its implications. That said, do you have any actual knowledge of the Kimmel show procedures or are you assuming?

1 Like

I’ve seen how much time serious cosplayers spend making their costumes and how carefully they treat them when transporting them and changing in and out. There is no way most of them would risk damaging their precious costumes by shagging in them.

Most of 'em have a second set of cheaper costumes for that.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.