Have you ever wondered how long it would take a giant pile of maggots to consume a hamburger?

Thankfully, the BBS authors are on the case:

1 Like

If it wasn’t for a big tub of maggots, you’d think it was a cooking show. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thought while watching this:
Who makes a hamburger to feed to maggots? It’s one thing to buy a mass-produced, poor-quality ingredient burger, as those are barely edible for humans so it’s not a huge loss, but to actually make one?

The maggots don’t seem to actually be eating the meat - it seems intact at the end there. This is odd because the center seemed to be pretty rare, and although maggots would have trouble with tough, dry cooked meat, the center should get soft enough for them to be interested. But they it doesn’t seem like it. On the other hand, they go through fairly fresh fruit like nothing. This seems like weird behavior for something like a blowfly, so are they some other type of maggot? Even though they don’t specify the species, seems like commercial-bought maggots are likely to be some type of blowfly, though. Maybe I just have a limited understanding of maggot diets… or maybe they’re just leaving the dry cooked top bit intact and the rest is actually gone…

I was thinking the same. The best would have been to put the cheese on the patty while it is still in the pan, so that it can melt a little. No wonder the maggots didn´t eat the cheese for that long.

1 Like

His knife technique had me no, no, noing right off that video.

“Have you ever wondered how long it would take a giant pile of maggots to consume a hamburger?”
. . . .no I hadn’t. At least, not until now. Quick follow-up note while I watch this video: how disgusted am I going to be by this?

“Power to the pupae!” :fist:

2 Likes

I was disturbed by the lack of variety. “Maggots” tends to be such a generic term. I’ve even heard of some beetle larvae called “maggots”.

And I can tell you that a 5 gal bucket with a thousand or so king mealworm larvae can eat a sandwich in about an hour.

1 Like

I don’t have to wonder, I’m watching Chris Christie getting interviewed on TV right now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.